“delicious Indian food”

Ranked #266 of 1,176 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are serving our customers very authentic, traditional Bangladeshi breakfast and lunch at a very reasonable price. Most of our dishes are vegetarian and gluten-free. We also cater for any birthday, wedding or family/social events in Brighton and Hove. We run cookery classes as well for our customers on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays every week. For more information, please contact us.
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to Tuntun a few times now and the food is delicious. The service is great too. It's a great place to go when you want a quick Indian meal/snack. Great for lunch time.

1  Thank Fazlul H

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went to Tun Tuns at the start of the new year. It was the first time we had tried Bangladeshi food and it was great, we sampled some of the veggie starters and mains and finished everything!! The family that run it are lovely and very welcoming, the atmosphere is homely and it is clear that are very hard-working. Would definitely recommend for something different and delicious! :) My only regret was forgetting to try their authentic chai tea!

2  Thank OccyMomo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I used to live in Bangladesh so I know authentic bangladeshi food and this is it. So unbelievably delicious. The family that run it are wonderful and are extremely flexible if you want to make a group booking. She made me a very student-budget friendly menu for my birthday with exactly what I asked for and let us take the huge amount of leftovers! Could not recommend enough. Go!

4  Thank jessikay
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The food at Tuntun's is superb every time! I've returned to this homey cafe again and again, not only for the delicious cooking but also the spectacular price.The friendly family who own and run the business is a bonus to the experience. Shamima is a talented and hardworking cook who greets every one with a warm smile. She recently hosted a Bengali New Year banquet at a steal of a rate! I would highly recommend Tuntun's to everyone. It's lucky that she is soon offering cookery courses. Watch this space!

4  Thank Samara K
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Saw this one on TripAdvisor and as it's in my back yard went for lunch yesterday. I've had some Bangladeshi food before but nothing like this. It was simply delicious. A young couple running the place, she cooking and he looking after the front of house. One could not possibly get a more polite, friendly and welcoming pair if you tried. The atmosphere was so good it hit you as you walked in the door. The names are strange on the menu but explanations are readily forthcoming, you only have to ask. Spice levels are to your request from almost nothing to "you just don't wanna know" I have no idea what mine was called as my tongue isn't that articulate but it was some sort of potato and meat curry with a new, to me, flat bread. One of the best curries I've ever had. My wife had a fish curry but she admitted a little too mild so next time, and there will be a next time for sure, she'll have a tad more spice. If you are more knowledgeable than me and know of some Bangladeshi dishes give the chef notice and she will do them to order for you. Non-alcoholic which I'm not sure if it's because of not yet having a licence or because of religious reason but that was no problem as a large range of soft drinks were available with lovely coffee and tea. A real gem for lunch and I can see us becoming firm regulars

2  Thank Roger S