“Hidden gem of Brighton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of TUNTUN's Cafe

TUNTUN's Cafe
Ranked #255 of 1,112 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are serving our customers very authentic, traditional Bangladeshi breakfast and lunch at a very reasonable price. Most of our dishes are vegetarian and gluten-free. We also cater for any birthday, wedding or family/social events in Brighton and Hove. We run cookery classes as well for our customers on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays every week. For more information, please contact us.
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem of Brighton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Since my first visit to Tun Tuns, I've become a regular. I got the wonderful fish curry the first time I visited and was delighted by the food and service. I often go in and collect a variety of snacks to have for lunch at work and am always really happy with the food which is authentic, flavourful and fresh. Very well priced for such great food, I am always telling people about this place!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Helen A

“Magic on Lewes Road!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Such a friendly place with delicious home cooked, fresh tasting food from Bangladesh. So refreshing to find an "untrendy " place in trendy ole Brighton. I pop in here often as I live nearby.
They will cater specially for parties and will provide a special menu. The food can be eaten in or taken home. I have just ordered a batch of various samosas for a family party.
Well worth exploring.
Must say that when they play Asian music it improves the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Daisysmum1981
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to Tuntun a few times now and the food is delicious. The service is great too. It's a great place to go when you want a quick Indian meal/snack. Great for lunch time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fazlul H
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Authentic lovely food and family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went to Tun Tuns at the start of the new year. It was the first time we had tried Bangladeshi food and it was great, we sampled some of the veggie starters and mains and finished everything!! The family that run it are lovely and very welcoming, the atmosphere is homely and it is clear that are very hard-working. Would definitely recommend for something different and delicious! :) My only regret was forgetting to try their authentic chai tea!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank OccyMomo
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastically delicious and authenthic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I used to live in Bangladesh so I know authentic bangladeshi food and this is it. So unbelievably delicious. The family that run it are wonderful and are extremely flexible if you want to make a group booking. She made me a very student-budget friendly menu for my birthday with exactly what I asked for and let us take the huge amount of leftovers! Could not recommend enough. Go!

• Visited May 2014