“Good service and room for reasonable price”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good service and room for reasonable price”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night in January and found it clean and pretty quiet. I was surprised it was so quiet on the Friday night, although I had asked for a room on a higher floor at the back of the building. The staff were very friendly and were happy to let me move rooms when I first checked in, obviously creating more work for them.
I didn't have the breakfast as I feel £8 is quite steep. It would be cool if the hotel offered two breakfast types at different price levels, perhaps a few pounds for continental breakfast/cereal or higher cost for a cooked breakfast.
I was unsure about staying here at first considering I'm a light sleeper and the hotel's central position, but was surprised by how chilled the place is. When I say I'm a light sleeper, I mean seriously light! :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the building on a high level (perhaps level 6 and up) for light sleepers.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel is conveniently located close to Brighton Train Station and numerous bus routes. The interior is both modern, minimalist and clean. Staff are both friendly and efficient and have a great customer service ethic, even among those who do not speak English as a first language. There are ten floors accessible by two lifts. There are about nine fully accessible rooms and two accessible public toilets by reception. There is also licenced bar and restaurant on the ground floor. Sadly, real ale is not available on cask (NB the excellent Evening Star pub is nearby). However, I was pleased to notice bottles of locally produced Dark Star Espresso Ale available but they were kept in the chiller cabinet which might lead to a loss of flavour. An excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast is available for £7.95. My room was spotlessly clean and also modern and minimalist. My bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. The TV was fully tuned and even had a sleep timer. The bathroom was also spotless and fully functional with an invigorating power shower. Plenty of towels were provided. I also enjoyed a great view from my eighth floor room looking out to sea. A customer loyalty points scheme is also available. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor facing east for a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Thewanderer5
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here with my mum for one night when we went to see a show in Brighton.
We originally booked a twin room but when we got there we had been put in a double. So we called down to reception and were immediately upgraded to a family room with twin beds and a sofa as way of an apology.
The room itself was very nice. Clean, comfortable beds, good shower room, well stocked hospitality tray (decaf coffee, you don't see that very much in hotels!).
I particulary liked the fact we had a late checkout of 12pm with no extra charge.
As the title suggests, I think we got great value for money staying here and it is a hotel I would stay in again and would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank behappie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here with my husband on Christmas Day. We received a friendly welcome and were quickly checked in. Room was clean, comfortable, the bathroom was a funny built in cubicle but shower was wonderful and all was clean. Only stayed one night but our checkout was smooth. We paid £39 for the night on Christmas Day - great price for a great stay. Loo pipes were a little noisy but nothing to complain about. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malikatjamal
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is an excellent budget hotel close to Brighton railway station. We booked in advance and got a room for £26! The Reception staff were welcoming, efficient and informative. The room was bright, light, clean and neatly designed. The bed was really comfortable. There is no hotel parking but parking in the nearby railway station park was reasonable at £5.60 a day. We will certainly use Ibis Brighton again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business