“Clean, overprice and poor customer serivce”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Clean, overprice and poor customer serivce”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

With the exception of one member of staff the customer services in the ibis was dreadful. From the manner you’re spoken to, to their ability to complete simple tasks. They all need training.

Are reservations were messed up and they seemed extremely confused when asking for drinks at the bar. We had one member of staff who was very friendly and approachable but that was it.

The hotel was very clean, showers are great but the bathroom where very small. The room felt a little like an ikea catalogue but that ok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen_Fowles-UK
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I was very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations as we pride ourselves on offering a consistent and genuinely hassle free stay. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed 19 January 2014

New, bright ,clean hotel perfectly situated if arriving by train. The delightful Lanes are minutes away and the seafront just a bit further.

Staff were charming and quickly checked us in. We were lucky to have been allocated a rear facing room on the 10th floor which had the most amazing view of Brighton and even the sea!

Parking advice.
Park at the nearby : NCP in North Road.prices are extortionate ---so much so that there were dozens of free spaces---BUT the good news is that the hotel will give you a parking ticket on departure which will reduce your fee to £13.10 for 24hours.This is cheap for Brighton.

All in all a super hotel at a bargain price. Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: High floor at rear of hotel have great views and are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tripper1984
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night in January and found it clean and pretty quiet. I was surprised it was so quiet on the Friday night, although I had asked for a room on a higher floor at the back of the building. The staff were very friendly and were happy to let me move rooms when I first checked in, obviously creating more work for them.
I didn't have the breakfast as I feel £8 is quite steep. It would be cool if the hotel offered two breakfast types at different price levels, perhaps a few pounds for continental breakfast/cereal or higher cost for a cooked breakfast.
I was unsure about staying here at first considering I'm a light sleeper and the hotel's central position, but was surprised by how chilled the place is. When I say I'm a light sleeper, I mean seriously light! :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the building on a high level (perhaps level 6 and up) for light sleepers.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel is conveniently located close to Brighton Train Station and numerous bus routes. The interior is both modern, minimalist and clean. Staff are both friendly and efficient and have a great customer service ethic, even among those who do not speak English as a first language. There are ten floors accessible by two lifts. There are about nine fully accessible rooms and two accessible public toilets by reception. There is also licenced bar and restaurant on the ground floor. Sadly, real ale is not available on cask (NB the excellent Evening Star pub is nearby). However, I was pleased to notice bottles of locally produced Dark Star Espresso Ale available but they were kept in the chiller cabinet which might lead to a loss of flavour. An excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast is available for £7.95. My room was spotlessly clean and also modern and minimalist. My bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. The TV was fully tuned and even had a sleep timer. The bathroom was also spotless and fully functional with an invigorating power shower. Plenty of towels were provided. I also enjoyed a great view from my eighth floor room looking out to sea. A customer loyalty points scheme is also available. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor facing east for a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Thewanderer5
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here with my mum for one night when we went to see a show in Brighton.
We originally booked a twin room but when we got there we had been put in a double. So we called down to reception and were immediately upgraded to a family room with twin beds and a sofa as way of an apology.
The room itself was very nice. Clean, comfortable beds, good shower room, well stocked hospitality tray (decaf coffee, you don't see that very much in hotels!).
I particulary liked the fact we had a late checkout of 12pm with no extra charge.
As the title suggests, I think we got great value for money staying here and it is a hotel I would stay in again and would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family