“happydays”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed at the Ibis for one night 15th March.
Enjoyed our stay,clean room,great location,just a short walk into the shops,sea front etc.
I had a great nights sleep & didn't find it noisy & I am normally a very light sleeper,I suppose that all depends on where your room is located.
Didn't eat there so can't comment on that,there are so many places to eat in Brighton.
Don't forget to gat a parking discount ticket paid £13 instead of £25 !
I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and hopefully on your next visit, can also experience our great breakfast offer. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Seaford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here for a week when they opened in July 2013 the first couple of days was good nice comfy bed etc... then at the end of the week when we were about to leave the manager informs me payment cant be taken from the card I have on me and wants to go to the bank with me to check why... I had been using the card all week so I know there wasn't a problem.... but they were having problems with their payment system (as it was new) so in the end we left some property with him till we paid the bill. My partner paid the bill as soon as we got home only to be told now in March 2014 it hasn't been paid... I have emailed and called many times but only got hold of him this morning 13 march 2014 to be told my property he had held was with the police. so I checked and nothing had been handed in... we aren't talking about clothes he has two passports a driving licence and the debit card... then I get hold of him again to be told he has them in his hands but wont give them back as apparently the bill hasn't been paid... apparently the hotel have sent out letters about the outstanding bill yet its now March 2014 and they haven't bothered to get back the money?? I am now getting a lawyer and police involved to retrieve my items oh and during our stay the cleaning lady left cleaning chemicals in our room and what looked like our towels had been used to clean the floor and bathroom.... Never ever ever staying at this hotel..

Room Tip: Never hand over items to the manager.... you wait nearly a year and still don't get them back!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank maria300790
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed that you have taken the approach to hold the hotel to ransom, when you know full well you have at no point, made any attempt to pay your outstanding account with us. I have since written off your bad debt and informed my team that your custom is no longer welcome at the Ibis Brighton City Centre hotel. Regards, Dominic Sauls
Battle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed over Saturday night with the wife on a get away weekend. Room size as you would expect for the price but everything is well provisioned & perfectly formed. I knew the hotel hadn't been open too long so was expecting everything to be shipshape and it was. However, the what made it special was the staff. They were genuinely friendly, chatty & could do enough to help. A real credit to the hotel.
The breakfast was superb with a choice of absolutely anything you could want - hot or cold.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an endearing review on Tripadvisor. My team are in fact the best aspect of the hotel and I am very happy that they have made all the difference to your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is perfectly located just a few metres from Brighton station, at the end of the North Laines and from my 10th floor room stunning views over the roofs of Brighton down to the seafront.

The room was spacious, clean and well equipped with a very comfortable bed.

Breakfast was served in the café/bar area by reception, which on a Saturday and Sunday morning appeared to be a little too small to cope with the number of guests making use of the facilities.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful

Positives
Great Location
Comfortable room and bed

Negatives
Breakfast area too small
Charge for storing luggage

Room Tip: Rooms at the back on the top floor have the best views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us via Tripadvisor. As always, I very was happy to receive the 4 stars and the comments regarding the team, I have also noted your feedback regarding the size of the breakfast area and the charge to store luggage on departure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

After a long and tiring train journey, me and my friend arrived in Brighton at last. It was a relief to literally be able to view our hotel right from the train station. Within a couple of minutes, we arrived at the hotel, and were greeted by friendly staff.
The interior of the hotel itself is very swanky and modern. The rooms are very clean. I've stayed in an Ibis hotel before, and that room was pleasant, but also, unfortunately cramped. At Brighton, however, our family room was a lot more spacious, with a decent sized pod-like private bathroom.
The location of this hotel is brilliant! It's right next to the station. Whilst Tescos and Morrissons are both only a five minute walk away. The hotel is also within easy walking distance of the Pier, and also the shopping mall.
The only downside to this hotel is ironically caused by the hotel's central location. The noise at night from the buses and drunks made it rather challenging to sleep. However, if you close the window, most of this noise is drowned out.
Overall, Ibis Brighton is an excellent hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a descriptive review online. I was very happy to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, save for the noise when the windows are opened, however you still found us to be excellent overall! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls