“Great for a weekend away!”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here with my partner for 2 nights (sat & sun) for a weekend away by the sea.
The room we stayed in was amazingly clean and simple, wardrobe and shelfs, desk and 2 bedside tables. The bed was huge and very comfortable! Flat screen tv with freeview was nice and had basic amenities such as tea and coffee - and a kettle and hairdryer. The bathroom as a good size and very modern and clean.
Can see the hotel from the station exit so less than 1 minute walk away! 5 minutes to lanes, and 10 minutes away from the sea front! So ideal location without paying premium seafront prices for a hotel.
Staff were friendly and helpful!
Only downfall is that you can't sleep with the window open as the people on the street can be noisy due to bars and station, but with the windows closed it is silent! This isn't to much of a problem as you have a thermostat in your room to control the temperature.
Would reccomend and loved our stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the very complimentary review and 5 star rating. We always appreciate positive feedback and I will be sharing this with the team to serve as an encouragement to continue to motivate them to deliver good standards of service and cleanliness. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Literally a few steps from the station and bus stop This Ibis is an excellent budget hotel. Bed is so comfortable I had the best night's sleep for a long time. The room is quite adequate and the pod style bathroom has a great shower. The only downside was the squeaky door and being unable to keep this fully closed. Breakfast was very good with a more than adequate choice and decent coffee too. Staff were all very pleasant and I would be more than happy to stay here again.
Plus is free Wifi, and good blackout blinds. Rooms at the rear avoid possible road and revellers noise. First class!

Room Tip: Try for a rear room

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review online. I was very happy to read that you had the best night's sleep ever and found the hotel in general first class! We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the ibis this weekend 29 march 2014. Choose this hotel due to the fact it's next to the station , good parking 5 min walk for minibus also 5 min walk to all the bars , pubs and food places! Nice modern hotel very friendly staff and very clean rooms !! Would stay again !!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was very happy to read that you would stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and reserved 2 rooms for a birthday trip to Brighton. We have stayed at many hotels in Brighton but this was our first time here....On arrival rather than being greeted as I would expect to be greeted on arrival at a hotel a rather stern woman snapped at me and said I have been trying to ring you! It transpires she was trying to ascertain that I had booked the correct amount of rooms for my party as the Ibis policy is children over 12 are classed as adults and you can only have 2 adults per room! I was fully aware of this when I booked and the children in my party were all under 12 but she made me feel very uncomfortable and asked me to confirm that they were all under 12. Her mannerisms clearly showed that she thought I was lying to avoid paying for another room! We weren't told any of the info about the hotel like I heard other guests being told and we were made to feel very unwelcome. Not a great start!

The rooms are of a great size and very well laid out. Good sized beds and we all loved the shower rooms. We had rooms on the 8th floor and didn't hear a peep from all the people staggering up to the station after a boozy night out! Lol. The only issues we had with it is that there were a few hairs here and there in the bathroom and one in one of the beds. Also the shower hose in room 809 has a split in it which sprayed out and wet one of the kids clothes!

We used the bar and found the prices to be reasonable and the bar staff/night reception team were great very polite and professional! You should get them to train your day team!

Check out was again a disappointment as the receptionist didn't bother to ask how our stay was she just took our key and said goodbye! I have never stayed in a hotel where staff haven't checked on your stay.....surely you would rather solve any issues on departure than on review sites like this? If she had bothered to ask how our stay was we could have told her about the shower hose to save another guest having problems.....

Would I stay here again? Well unfortunately my husband and I have already booked to return in June and it's a non refundable deal so I have no choice but to return. Its such a shame your staff let the hotel down as apart from that for the price we paid and the location its a great hotel. After my trip in June we won't be returning and I won't recommend this hotel to my friends and family especially those with children!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback online, however I was very disappointed to read of your experiences especially on check in and then on your departure. We normally score very well in terms of our customer service and I am sincerely sorry that this was not your experience. I will be sharing your comments with the team to ensure they are back on track to ensure all our guests receive the level of service we have come to pride ourselves on. I have noted your feedback regarding the level of cleanliness and maintenance requirements in 809, which have been swiftly dealt with by the team. If you would please be so kind as to email me on h6444-gm@accor.com, would be appreciated to discuss your experiences further, would be of great help. I look forward to hearing back from you soon and for your next visit, where you will be able to experience the difference your feedback has helped bring about. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Brilliant location, we travelled by train! Staff very friendly and helpful. Room very clean and breakfast excellent (if you book on line, include b/fast, as it's cheaper).

Would recommend and stay definitely stay again.

10/10

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a short but sweet review on Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. I was happy to read that you took advantage of our online promotions and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls