“Cheap, chic and superbly located”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bangkok
“Cheap, chic and superbly located”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Really nice; it's new and clean and comfortable. Just a very positive experience and I found the bathroom quite pleasant, it's like a self contained pod in the room kinda like a space capsule and it's really quite funky. Will definitely return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate the overall 5 star rating and look forward to welcoming you back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I previously stayed last August when the hotel had recently opened and we had a brilliant stay. This weekend we returned to meet with friends but we also returned with our 6 month old son. Once again, we cannot fault the hotel. With our 6 month old, we had additional requests and they were met with ease and pleasure by the hotel staff.

Our family size room had plenty of room for a travel cot (provided by the hotel), all of our paraphernalia, and the three of us. The room was very clean, comfortable, and a pleasure to stay the night in.

We met with our friends in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday evening where we had some delicious Tapas - succulent pork belly, tasty chorizo, fantastic fish, and warming risotto. All equally as good as the other.

As we had stayed at this hotel before, we knew how good the breakfast was - this was one thing about the stay that we were looking forward to!! And, it didn't disappoint! All freshly cooked, no grease! A great selection of pastries, yogurts, juices, fruit, and much more - something for everybody!

Lastly, the hotel staff were very helpful, attentive, and cheerful. They couldn't have done much more for us as a family, we were extremely pleased and impressed, and felt very looked after.

Thank you IBIS Brighton for another amazing stay - we will be back, again!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the ibis Brighton City Centre hotel once again for your accommodations whilst you visited friends in the area. We really appreciate you taking the time to feedback to us via Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. I was also very happy to read that you have a new addition to the family, congratulations. I am very proud that my team were able to make such a great impact on your stay and you once again enjoyed our fantastic breakfast offer. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
gosport
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Brighton hotel at the weekend and had a great time. The staff were really lovely and we were really impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, both the bedroom and public areas. We parked at the nearby NCP car park, and benefitted from the discount that Ibis is able to get - we left the car for 24hrs and it only cost £13 - not bad the centre of Brighton! the hotel is well situated, just a few minutes walk to the lanes and seafront. We had a great night's sleep (very comfy bed!!) and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast - choice of fruit, cereal, croissants and full English - so much choice!!! We also had a really lovely meal in the bar on the Saturday evening, it had a great atmosphere. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, whether young couple, family etc. Thank you Ibis Brighton for a great stay!! see you again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a glowing review on Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. We appreciate all your comments and were very happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to welcome you and your partner back to the hotel soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is an excellent choice for a budget Brighton hotel. 1 minute from the station, 5 mins from the north laines and chuchill square and about 10 mins will get you to the seafront and old lanes. The rooms aren't the best but can't complain for the price! That said I found the soundproofing excellent and I am a very light sleeper! If you don't know Brighton well this is a very good starting location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read your feedback and have noted the areas we need to improve upon to hopefully acheive a 5 star rating. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon again. Kindest regards,
Dominic Sauls
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and there were ups and downs to it. Positives for this hotel are it's close proximity to Brighton station, the discounted parking at the NCP at North Road for those driving and the reasonable price given Brighton is generally fairly pricy for hotels. Staff also seemed friendly and bar reasonably priced too.

I was given a room on the first floor (ground floor - window facing Gloucester Road) and the main problem was the noise from outside as I could hear people walking past my window as well as the traffic - on both nights I didn't sleep well. On my second night I could also hear the couple in the room next door...! The bedsheets also didn't quite fit the bed, and although there were 3 sockets, 2 were by the window and 1 below the mirror (I presume for hairdryers although this was no good for me!). Sockets by the bed are just so much more useful! The showeroom wasn't properly cleaned as on arrival I spotted what looked like blood stains on the door and ceiling - the shower itself wasn't even rinsed after the room being made after my first night there which I thought was pretty poor from the cleaning staff.

The room itself was a decent size, although the desk was on the fairly small side. Free wi-fi was useful and the small sofa/lounge style seat nice and comfy. For ironing, there is an 'ironing room' located on the 4th floor, although there were just 2 irons and ironing boards seemingly for the whole hotel.

Overall, a mixed stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid people/traffic noise!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments online and sharing your experiences with us. Please rest assured I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping team to ensure the good standards of cleanliness we have come to pride ourselves on, does not falter. I have also noted your feedback regarding the size and layout of the room and would very much appreciate it if you could contact me on h6444-gm@accor.com to discuss all your points raised further? Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing back from you shortly. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls