“Not bad”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 days, location very good, 2 minutes walk from the train station & 5 mins to the lanes. It's a new hotel, very clean, however, I didn't find the 'Pod Bathroom' within the bedroom very eye catching ... Shower not powerful and doors to 'Pod bathroom' very hard to open & close in the night and noisy.

Price was £327 which I found a little expensive for room only. Staff very friendly & polite, no room service, I required more milk for tea making in room & was advised to go down to reception to get more.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivienne1977
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online, however I was disappointed we only achieved a 3 star rating. I have noted your feedback regarding the power of the shower and the door closing mechanisms and have asked my housekeeping and engineer to review these across the whole hotel. It is true we do not offer room service at Ibis, however when it is operationally possible, my team are more than happy to go the extra mile and deliver additional tea and coffee items or linen to rooms. Thank you once again for your feedback. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First visit here; seems fairly new.

Reception: Friendly and efficient on check-in and checkout (but no request for feedback; oops - that's just arrived by email).

Bedoom: Sparkling clean and decent size. Bed itself not great - very soft topper on a firmish mattress with saggy edges. I was on the top floor, so view over the rooftops which was nice enough. Wide ledge outside the window favoured by seagulls which woke me v. early. Usual tea & coffee, but only 1 power socket, so kettle had to be moved next to the phone. Air con worked fine, if a bit noisily.

Shower: Good size and again sparkling clean. Big shower (nice) and good-quality fittings except (inexplicably) the toilet seat which looked cheap and didn't have a soft-close mechanism.

Restaurant: Dinner was a bit of a car crash. Ordered an appetiser and a main (chicken caesar salad), which I was told would take 10 minutes. About 30 minutes later, both dishes arrived together (not a big deal in this case), along with a free glass of wine by way of apology which was a good move. When I started on the chicken caesar, I discovered that it had no chicken; very tasty, but no chicken. Sent back amidst profuse apologies, and replaced about 20 minutes later with a fresh version which included the missing chicken. All a bit embarrassing, but well handled by the staff.

Breakfast was OK for the money, but I do wish hotels wouldn't put scrambled eggs in a warmer - they go rubbery in no time.

All in all a score of 3 because this is not a cheap hotel and, although pleasant enough, is not particularly good value.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor unless you like to be woken up really early.
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback to us via Tripadvisor as well as our own guest satisfaction survey. I very much appreciated your comments and have shared it with the team to ensure a more efficient service and although I am grateful for their attempts at service recovery, this could have been avoided in the first place. Once again I do very much value your custom and was very happy to arrange your next visit over the telephone yesterday. We look forward to welcoming you back in next month. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Than you think! Good quality, clean and modern. I travel to Brighton a lot on business and have found a hotel that's good. Location is good for the railway and my office. Downside is breakfast whilst cheap is poor. Eggs tasteless. I had toast last time was I felt ripped off with having paid £8ish. Now I don't bother at all with breakfast and prefer that.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and high have glimpses of the sea
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate all of your comments and as part of our ongoing mission to improve on guest experiences and satisfaction, we will be trialling a new omelette to replace the scrambled egg for the first half of June and would value your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Goostrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in Room 112 (1st floor) from 7th May 2014 to 9th May 2014.

I was told at check-in that I had reserved and pre-paid for 2 nights but only 1 breakfast. I queried this as it seemed unusual and I knew that I had paid for the "B&B" rate online for both nights.

I was told that I was wrong and consequently I had no breakfast on the second morning of my stay.

However, my check-out invoice clearly showed "2 nights B&B" had been both booked and paid for. I have since emailed IBIS to complain (3 days ago) but I have yet to receive a reply or even an acknowledgement that my complaint has been received.

Very poor! I will not be staying again if IBIS fail to appropriately address my complaint.

Otherwise, a very good hotel let down by the above mistake.

Mr Gavin Brown

1 Thank Gavin_Br0wn
Dear Mr. Brown,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor and providing us with this valuable feedback. I have since spoken with you personally on the telephone to resolve the shortcoming and sincerely hope that the actions taken will go some way in restoring your faith in my hotel and the team. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Norwich, UK
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is what the average business traveller expects in a hotel. This IBIS is new, its modern, got the necessary wifi - with high-speed at a premium - beds a re comfy, clean, friendly staff, great location. I chose it based on my experience of IBIS in the past and this hotels proximity to Brighton station. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Brighton on business.

Room Tip: Rooms are the rear will be slightly quieter.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and the possibility of achieving a 5 star rating on your next visit. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Surrey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very good location and very modern and clean, perfect for a nights stay for the basics.
Breakfast was very good quality and very tasty!!!

We did only choose this hotel over others because they have a relationship with the NCP car park and we would have received a discount, HOWEVER our car was not able to fit underneath the barrier!
This was very inconvenient and stressful as we then had to find alternative parking which cost us double what we expected.

Other than that, great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post you comments on Tripadvisor. Although I was happy to receive the 4 star rating, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience and stress caused by the height restrictions at the NCP car park. I will endeavour to find a means of communicating this better on our website. Hopefully this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls