“Ok for one night”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Ok for one night”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel very clean. Room quite small and we found it really quite noisy. I could here next doors taps being run. Noise outside on street was very loud too so had to shut the window.
Probably very suitable for business trip as very close to station.

Stayed May 2014
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments online, however I was disappointed the room did not meet with your expectations. Thank you once again for your feedback. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chelmsford, England
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here at the end of December for 2 nights. The hotel was clean and modern and all the staff were friendly and helpful. When booking I requested a room at the back of the hotel on one of the higher floors and that’s what we were given. We were on the 10th floor and could see Brighton Pier and the Brighton Wheel from our window. The room although compact was clean and new and the bed was one of the most comfortable that I’ve slept on.

We have stayed in Brighton several times over the years, everywhere from big seafront hotels to trendy boutique B&B’s to downright grotty and I must say that this hotel was fantastic value for the price that we paid - £106 for 2 nights B&B.

The nearby NCP car park (5 minutes’ walk) is discounted with the voucher that they give you at reception and it is a 13 minute walk down to the seafront, although there are several restaurants and pubs in the local area.

Next time we are down in Brighton we would definitely stay here again providing that the prices haven’t escalated too much!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and rating us with 5 stars. Although pricing does fluctuate throughout the year you can easily pick up great advanced deals directly from our own websites and via our loyatly programme. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in April and the hotel was new and clean. Location is very good which is close to train station, shops and restaurants. The room is big and wifi connection is good. The only downside is the bed which is small and mattress is too thin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dessie878
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments online, however I was surprised that you found the bed to be small and the mattress too thin. We normally receive very positive feedback for our Sweet Bed by Ibis and would appreciate it if you could contact me on h6444-gm@accor.com and advise which room you stayed in? I look forward to hearing back from you soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 days, location very good, 2 minutes walk from the train station & 5 mins to the lanes. It's a new hotel, very clean, however, I didn't find the 'Pod Bathroom' within the bedroom very eye catching ... Shower not powerful and doors to 'Pod bathroom' very hard to open & close in the night and noisy.

Price was £327 which I found a little expensive for room only. Staff very friendly & polite, no room service, I required more milk for tea making in room & was advised to go down to reception to get more.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivienne1977
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online, however I was disappointed we only achieved a 3 star rating. I have noted your feedback regarding the power of the shower and the door closing mechanisms and have asked my housekeeping and engineer to review these across the whole hotel. It is true we do not offer room service at Ibis, however when it is operationally possible, my team are more than happy to go the extra mile and deliver additional tea and coffee items or linen to rooms. Thank you once again for your feedback. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First visit here; seems fairly new.

Reception: Friendly and efficient on check-in and checkout (but no request for feedback; oops - that's just arrived by email).

Bedoom: Sparkling clean and decent size. Bed itself not great - very soft topper on a firmish mattress with saggy edges. I was on the top floor, so view over the rooftops which was nice enough. Wide ledge outside the window favoured by seagulls which woke me v. early. Usual tea & coffee, but only 1 power socket, so kettle had to be moved next to the phone. Air con worked fine, if a bit noisily.

Shower: Good size and again sparkling clean. Big shower (nice) and good-quality fittings except (inexplicably) the toilet seat which looked cheap and didn't have a soft-close mechanism.

Restaurant: Dinner was a bit of a car crash. Ordered an appetiser and a main (chicken caesar salad), which I was told would take 10 minutes. About 30 minutes later, both dishes arrived together (not a big deal in this case), along with a free glass of wine by way of apology which was a good move. When I started on the chicken caesar, I discovered that it had no chicken; very tasty, but no chicken. Sent back amidst profuse apologies, and replaced about 20 minutes later with a fresh version which included the missing chicken. All a bit embarrassing, but well handled by the staff.

Breakfast was OK for the money, but I do wish hotels wouldn't put scrambled eggs in a warmer - they go rubbery in no time.

All in all a score of 3 because this is not a cheap hotel and, although pleasant enough, is not particularly good value.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor unless you like to be woken up really early.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback to us via Tripadvisor as well as our own guest satisfaction survey. I very much appreciated your comments and have shared it with the team to ensure a more efficient service and although I am grateful for their attempts at service recovery, this could have been avoided in the first place. Once again I do very much value your custom and was very happy to arrange your next visit over the telephone yesterday. We look forward to welcoming you back in next month. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Than you think! Good quality, clean and modern. I travel to Brighton a lot on business and have found a hotel that's good. Location is good for the railway and my office. Downside is breakfast whilst cheap is poor. Eggs tasteless. I had toast last time was I felt ripped off with having paid £8ish. Now I don't bother at all with breakfast and prefer that.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and high have glimpses of the sea
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate all of your comments and as part of our ongoing mission to improve on guest experiences and satisfaction, we will be trialling a new omelette to replace the scrambled egg for the first half of June and would value your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls