“Good location and new”

GreenLeadersBronze level
The Netherlands
“Good location and new”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to attend a conference for 2 nights.

Reasonably priced (I compared to some of my business contacts who stayed at the boulevard, some of them having sea view, most of them not).

I was placed 'underground' with no view (looking at some kind of corridor). That was major complaint. Hence Mobile network was an issue. Also people in lobby area walking above my room produced some noise.

Otherwise everything is new and in good condition. Breakfast is OK. Staff is friendly. Close to train station and all major amenities. 10 minute walk to seafront.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank poortje
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor and although you only rated us with 3 stars, I very much appreciate you comments. I have shared this review with the team to continue to motivate them to deliver a good service and to look at means of improving guests perception of our breakfast. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from the Ibis in Brighton. Check in was quick and no problems, we had asked on a pre-pay booking for a quiet room, we we given a twin overlooking the back and one floor up from reception. Room was clean, smallish as all Ibis rooms are. Beds were comfy and TV and shower were great, no toiletries except a cheap liquid soap. Did not have a quiet night at all, buzzing all night because we had been placed next to a storage cupboard and roadworks (Kango) at 7.30am to add to the noise. We complained and were given a family room up on the 7th floor, might have been a good idea to have put us up there in the first place, Maria on reception!

Breakfast was nice, plenty of choice, but tables, seat and certain foodstuffs limited. Staff need to re-plenish more, waited for sausages, bread, rolls, muffins and croissants.

Nice place to stay best thing is the location.

Room Tip: When you ask for a quiet room, make sure the reception staff give you a quiet room. We pre-booked 5...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your coments online, however I was disappointed that we were not able to provide you with the level of service we have come to pride ourselves on, especially for a Birthday treat, please accept my humblest apologies. I will be sharing your comments with the team to get them refocussed and hope we can welcome you back so that you may experience the changes your review has helped bring about. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Would definitely not hesitate in staying at the Ibis Brighton again, friendly and helpful staff, clean room with a great sea view. We found the hotel to be quiet, which was not what we were expecting for a city hotel. Ideal location as close to the station but handy for the seafront, shops etc too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating and for taking the time to share your experience online. I was very happy to read that you found my team to be helpful and friendly and the location ideal. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days and was located on the ground floor (which also happens to be the third floor).

I arrived about half an hour early and was allowed to checking early, which was very kind of them, the staff were friendly but not overly friendly.
The room was on the smallish side, a very nice large bed, a flat screened TV and a lovely shower.

The bed is definitely the best bed I have EVER slept in, it was soooo comfy!
The air con is very noisy and woke my up a few times during the night as it would often start clicking in the middle of the night.

The next day after we returned from our trip, our bed was made up, sheets changed, pillows fluffed, but I noticed the small bin under the table had been emptied and the rubbish from the day before laid on our floor tied up and just left beside the bin! Great!

I also found a roll of the bin liners lying on the desk and when I went in the bath room, I found the house keepers time sheet laying on the sink! There were no extra toilet rolls given and our towels were replaced with very small hand towels!

The 2 cups we used that morning were not replaced and just left on the bed side table, still with spoon and tea bags in! NO replacement cups given.

We brought the rubbish sack, dirty cups and timesheet to the reception desk, which they took off us and gave us clean cups, towels and loo roll and apologised.

When we checked out, we asked to place our bags in storage for a few hours and were told it was a £2 charge for each bag, which is not much, but most hotels hold your bags for free.

Overall I found this to be a good hotel but the house keeping needs to be dealt with, this is unacceptable service and I think they should waver the fee for bag storage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to feed back to us via Tripadvisor. I appreciated all your comments and will be sharing your review with the housekeeping team to provide a better service moving forward. I have also noted your comments regarding the fee for bags left on departure. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Chingford,London, England
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned 28/5/14 from 2 nights in Brighton, we stayed at the Ibis.
The hotel is ideally situated, it is just 5 minutes walk from the train station, 10 minutes walk to the seafront and very close to the main shopping area. The rooms are a good size, very clean and modern. We paid £164 for the 2 nights including breakfast which was very good value. Free internet access also included within the price. Parking in Brighton City Centre is not easy with lots of parking restrictions in the area, the hotel has a discounted parking arrangement with the local NCP which means parking for 24 hours costs £13 instead of £25 - a really good deal. Staff very helpful and friendly, all in all a very good stay and would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank errol01
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback online. We appreciated all your comments and happy to read that you took full advantage of the special rates at the car park. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls