“Perfect for our needs”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights so that we could attend a football match and needed a hotel which would accept dogs, perfect choice. Reasonable rates for our dog staying, clean room and a central location close to the railway station.
Perfect for what we wanted from a hotel for this occasion...functional, clean and accepting of dogs.
Brighton itself was an added bonus as it is a charming, interesting and diverse place and we would definitely visit again as would we stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annlou15
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular appreciated our pet friendly policy. We look forward to welcoming you and the whole family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here while visiting Brighton with a friend. Very convenient location near the station so was at the hotel within minutes of getting off the train. We paid for breakfast in advance which worked out cheaper than paying per day and were happy with the range of options from hot food, cereals, pastries, bread, yogurts etc.
The hotel is designed to be functional rather than characterful. The ensuite bathroom was a pod style which reminded me of student accommodation. It was clean though and the shower was powerful. The hotel was quiet - perhaps more so than those right on the sea front so we were happy with the short walk in exchange for escaping noise.
I may not choose this hotel for a romantic weekend with my husband but definitely a solid choice if on business or needing a base from which to explore Brighton on your own or with friend.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the basement level. Ours wasn't but probably nice not to be so worth requestin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cake_yum
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Ibis such a handy hotel right near the station, shops and theatre. Rooms lovely and clean beds really comfortable and very quiet't hear traffic and only one floor up. Staff remembered us which was lovely and they were very friendly and helpful even though it was very busy. Will defiantly stay again for value and convenience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at the Ibis in Brighton several times now and for a budget hotel it is consistently good. Short walk from Brighton train station, staff are always helpful and rooms are spotless and comfortable. The hotel is in easy walking distance of lots of great restaurants and breakfast for a buffet breakfast is always fresh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor or above. Floors 1 and 2 you are looking out at street level.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Modern, clean, basic hotel a stones throw from Brighton station. Rooms are large and was very clean - but nothing else was positive for me. 1st room I was allocated was in a basement below the bar - when I requested to be moved was told hotel was full and no way I could be moved. Then discovered my room lock didn't work properly and eventually they found another room for me. New room was not much better - party noise until 2:30 am from room next door. View from my room has improved from basement to a main road and a row of cafés and kebab shops. Decor in room is slightly odd - all very harsh, plastic and cheap. Not the best - would have checked out early if I could have found other options but Brighton is very busy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon D
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback online, however I was very disappointed to read that you hated the hotel and your experience. I will be sharing your review with the team to ensure that we always offer our guests the best possible service at all times. I have also noted your commnets regarding the decor. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Checked out the reviews before booking and wasn't disappointed. Check in was fine as arrived around 2.00. My Boss and I had lunch which was freshly made and tasty. The room was on the 9th floor with great views, spacious shower room, comfortable bed and very quiet air conditioning ! Breakfast was much better than expected with both hot and cold choices, warm freshly made croissants, delicious yogurt and much more. We were given a reduction on our parking in the nearest car park and that was a real bonus. Staff were lovely. Will stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

this hotel is brilliant if your on a short or long break, it is basic but functional , and CLEAN , in fact its a cream and white bedroom/bathroom . tea and coffee in room too.
Its situated 1 min from the train station and a lovely 10 minute walk to the beach front .
staff although some were not English speaking you had to strain to understand what they said. out of 10 id give it 8/10 .
id like to mention the rock shop on the beach front , we brought some great rock from there , pauls a luton fan and they even had Luton fc rock...blew me down . Colin the owners a great guy, very friendly if you go down there say maggi said hi.
and we will be going to brighton very soon again .... loved our 4 days break

Room Tip: any rooms good , but there are a lot of road works going on , so keep the very good double glazing s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple