“Very, very good for a budget hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
United Kingdom
“Very, very good for a budget hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've worked in a budget hotel ''Travelodge'' and to be honest I don't like Travelodge, their rooms are too poor and sometimes the photo's are misleading and some staff are ignorant.

However this hotel Ibis was perfect! Me and a friend stayed for night as we were seeing a live band play at the Haunt so we needed somewhere nice and close to the station so I chose this hotel as I read the reviews on here and went for it.

We stay in a family for 2 people with 2 single beds and a sofa bed for £79 which I think included breakfast but in the morning we was too tired too eat so we went to get our train home but hopefully next time I'll stay for their breakfast.

The bathroom was roomy and the shower was big. We had free Wi-Fi to which was good and the TV was alright but some reason we couldn't get the volume any higher than 30 as some channels are a bit quiet. The beds are comfortable and after staying out late so a comfortable bed is what we needed and everything was clean.

Although they were comfy they are a bit on the small side as I did fall of the bed 3 times but that didn't bother me as much as it was kind of funny for my friend to see. I didn't really like the plastic chair in the room though as it's a bit uncomfortable but other than that I can't really fault anything in our room. The staff were friendly and polite and very hepful.

Over all I'm happy we stayed and I will be revisiting in the future. Defiantly recommend staying it's worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank GamerSash
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive review and share your experiences on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the 4 star rating and have noted your feedback regarding the size of our very comfortable beds. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights so that we could attend a football match and needed a hotel which would accept dogs, perfect choice. Reasonable rates for our dog staying, clean room and a central location close to the railway station.
Perfect for what we wanted from a hotel for this occasion...functional, clean and accepting of dogs.
Brighton itself was an added bonus as it is a charming, interesting and diverse place and we would definitely visit again as would we stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annlou15
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular appreciated our pet friendly policy. We look forward to welcoming you and the whole family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here while visiting Brighton with a friend. Very convenient location near the station so was at the hotel within minutes of getting off the train. We paid for breakfast in advance which worked out cheaper than paying per day and were happy with the range of options from hot food, cereals, pastries, bread, yogurts etc.
The hotel is designed to be functional rather than characterful. The ensuite bathroom was a pod style which reminded me of student accommodation. It was clean though and the shower was powerful. The hotel was quiet - perhaps more so than those right on the sea front so we were happy with the short walk in exchange for escaping noise.
I may not choose this hotel for a romantic weekend with my husband but definitely a solid choice if on business or needing a base from which to explore Brighton on your own or with friend.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the basement level. Ours wasn't but probably nice not to be so worth requestin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cake_yum
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Ibis such a handy hotel right near the station, shops and theatre. Rooms lovely and clean beds really comfortable and very quiet't hear traffic and only one floor up. Staff remembered us which was lovely and they were very friendly and helpful even though it was very busy. Will defiantly stay again for value and convenience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at the Ibis in Brighton several times now and for a budget hotel it is consistently good. Short walk from Brighton train station, staff are always helpful and rooms are spotless and comfortable. The hotel is in easy walking distance of lots of great restaurants and breakfast for a buffet breakfast is always fresh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor or above. Floors 1 and 2 you are looking out at street level.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean, basic hotel a stones throw from Brighton station. Rooms are large and was very clean - but nothing else was positive for me. 1st room I was allocated was in a basement below the bar - when I requested to be moved was told hotel was full and no way I could be moved. Then discovered my room lock didn't work properly and eventually they found another room for me. New room was not much better - party noise until 2:30 am from room next door. View from my room has improved from basement to a main road and a row of cafés and kebab shops. Decor in room is slightly odd - all very harsh, plastic and cheap. Not the best - would have checked out early if I could have found other options but Brighton is very busy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon D
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback online, however I was very disappointed to read that you hated the hotel and your experience. I will be sharing your review with the team to ensure that we always offer our guests the best possible service at all times. I have also noted your commnets regarding the decor. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Checked out the reviews before booking and wasn't disappointed. Check in was fine as arrived around 2.00. My Boss and I had lunch which was freshly made and tasty. The room was on the 9th floor with great views, spacious shower room, comfortable bed and very quiet air conditioning ! Breakfast was much better than expected with both hot and cold choices, warm freshly made croissants, delicious yogurt and much more. We were given a reduction on our parking in the nearest car park and that was a real bonus. Staff were lovely. Will stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business