“Great budget hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Olney, United Kingdom
“Great budget hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Hotel is very close to train station and within easy walking distance of sea front, The Lanes and all city centre shops and attractions. Room was great - very clean and had all we needed. Beds were really comfy and bathroom facilities good and clean. We had the all you can eat buffet breakfast which was great value and very nicely presented. I would definitely stay here . A great budget find.

Room Tip: Ground level is 3rd floor so ask for a room level 4 or above.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your comments online and rating us with 5 stars overall. My team and look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel and staff overall where good, the hotel clean and the room lovely but this was partly ruined by the man on main desk in the morning.
We wanted to leave our bags while we went to get the car prior to checking out, he acted like I was insane, would not let me put them in the baggage room as they where not baggage and tried to charge me £2 a bag to hold them, then he removed them from the baggage room and was wandering off with them.
I had not trust in his professionalism or trustworthiness at this point and removed the bags from his possession.
We then had to check out and drag 6 bags and the dog all the way to the car park.
This is reflected in the lower scores as we probably would not return now.

Prior to this the staff and stay was good, apart from the tiny plates at breakfast which would have been more suited to a dolls house.
I did not feel I could have beans as I was worried they would run off the tiny plates.

The majority of staff we met where lovely and helpful, the tiny plates to limit what you could have at breakfast where fooling neither me nor any of the other diners and where a topic of surprise to all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. Although I was happy to receive the overall 4 star rating, I was disappointed to read of your experiences with one of my team. It is true that we do charge for luggage left on departure, however you are more than welcome to leave your luggage in the room till departure at midday, retrieve your vehicle from the car park and load up from the loading bays on the opposite side of the road. I have noted your feedback regarding the plates and these are not too discourage smaller portions as our breakfast is an all you can eat offer. I very much appreciate your feedback regarding the rest of my team and will be speaking with the staff member in question to offer a more empathetic service, especially if just loading luggage. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my first stay at this Ibis and I cannot praise the reception staff highly enough for their excellent customer care. Their level of helpfulness was very high indeed. The bedrooms were a good size and the bed very comfortable. When it says "no parking" it means it. Double yellow lines and a bus stop outside make it very tricky off loading. But it's almost next to the station and everyone knows you can't park anywhere in Brighton anyway. I will definitely be going back (on the train probably).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review online. I will be sharing your feedback with my team to continue to motivate them to deliver a good level of service. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Somerset/Dorset border, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The rooms in this hotel are modern and comfortable with air conditioning, good storage and black-out blinds. I did look at their website before I stayed which made the reception and breakfast area look much more impressive that they were in reality, but they were modern and functional.

We unloaded in one of the several loading bays on the opposite side of the road for convenience - reception are able to organise nearby North Street Car Park for £13 (rather than £25) by just validating the yellow token issued at the car park - the staff were friendly and efficient. North Street is a bit unsavoury but the car park has security, perhaps avoid it at night.

A central location in Brighton, it was easy to walk to Lanes, the pier, etc, with a handy Tesco Express a few doors away. It’s not a particular classy area; the vicinity is generally down-market takeaways (with a few very nice café’s too!) but the windows effectively block out any noise. We decided not to have breakfast there as the small eating area was hugely overcrowded so opted to go a few door up, towards the station, for breakfast at Café Coho which was fab.

If you don’t want a waterfront hotel, and can deal with the colourful area, then I recommend this budget hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and rating us with 4 stars.I was very happy to read that you found the hotel clean and modern and the staff friendly and efficient. As our breakfast is an all you can eat offering, we do find that guests have a more leisurely approach, however we do serve breakfast from 6.30am till midday on weekends, should you decide to try this out next time. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls
Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot because of my job and i stayed in ibis hotels few times all over europe. The Brighton ibis is in general a good value for money hotel similar to the rest of the chain. My poor rating is based on three reasons: 1) our room was designed for handicap people and the sink was very low giving me a lot of trouble when i tried to shave, 2) our room was one floor below ground level and there was no mobile network in the room/no window, 3) my suit did not fit in the hanger area and got a bit messy! The last 2 i find totally unacceptable for a business hotel! If you are going there ask for a room above ground level!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andreaskak
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I was disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us, please accept my humblest apologies. At ibis we always strive to provide our guests with a genuinely hassle free stay and should you give us the opportunity to welcome you back, please email me directly on h6444-gm@accor.com, so that I may personally take care of your reservation. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager
luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for the first time close to the station which was handy. Check in was quick and efficient. The room we had was a disabled which was okay as it had a wet room. Was very spacious wood flooring very modern and quiet. Overall was impressed with the clean lines and location is good. Stayed 1 night and left our bags there and picked them up on the way back to station. Was a 2 pound fee for luggage hold. Will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: we were on the fifth floor was very quiet and peaceful.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online and rating us with 5 stars. It is always a pleasure to read that you will be returning again and most importantly impressed with every aspect of your stay. I have noted the 4 stars for service and will be challenging my team to ensure we only get 5 stars for service. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls