Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$112
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,627 results
All reviewstrain stationbathroom podbrighton city centreair conminute walkcar parksofa bedgood sizefamily roomquiet roombuffet breakfastsea frontgood nights sleepwould stay againnight's sleepcouple of nightstop floor
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed for one night as seeing a show in the town centre.

The hotel is located next to the station which appalled to me as knowing Brighton well it meant we woudlnt have to carry our luggage up the very step hill to the station the following day.

The room was extremely clean, we had a family room with a sofa. The bathroom is like a pod in the room, a little bit strange but fully functional. Our room overlooked the main road to the station.The room had tea and coffee facilities available and freeview TV and free wifi.

The hotels location is good, the town is a 5 to 10 minute walk down the hill to the church hill centre and south laines and pier, the north laines are just behind the hotel. the clubs and bars are at the bottom of the road along with the brighton centre and the theatres are within a 15 minute walk.

the only down side is the noise from outside, even with the window closed the room was very noisy throughout the night with people talking in the street at 3am outside the kebab shop and the traffic from the road outside. I did expect this however knowing the location so cant really complain - if you want a peaceful nights sleep avoid the Ibis and the Travellodge on Western Road.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominic S, Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was very disappointed to receive only 3 stars and have shared your comments with the housekeeping team to ensure the windows are securely shut, which will negate the majority of street level noise. Thank you once again for your feedback. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight. The location is great and central (if you don't need the sea views!).
Our room was simple but clean and well appointed. Tea & coffee etc in the room.
All the staff are helpful and very friendly.
We ate in the on site restaurant (24/7) and although simple the food was much better than I'd expected!
Disabled bathroom was very well done.
If you're liking for a basic but good hotel close to the station and town centre I don't think you'll beat this one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us with 5 stars and providing us with a glowing review. We very much appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you and the family back soon again. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls, General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

There are nicer hotels in the area for a similar price. Bathroom very plastic and cheap feeling. Bed comfy but the whole room felt cheap and 'plastic-y'. Staff good and didn't eat here so no idea about food. Convenient for Queens Rd/Churchq Sq etc.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review online. I was sorry to read that the hotel did not meet with your expectations, however pleased that the staff did make a positive impact to your stay. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I spent a couple of nights here; I had a small double room on the 10th (top) floor with partial sideways sea-view, which was frankly nothing special. There's free limited WiFi and Freeview TV, tea/coffee making facilities (I had a kettle that leaked hot-water when pouring) and a range of complimentary services, most of them chargeable.

There's not much luxury to be found here and it's generally 'corporate-functional' but I found it reasonably impressive and it seemed to tick most of my boxes; clean, comfortable, contemporary and well located for transport links and city centre attractions. I wasn't a particular fan of the decor but it was more or less acceptable. Reception lead to a narrow corridor with two elevators, an area which frequently became quite congested with people dragging luggage around on wheels.

There was an issue with birds on the section of flat-roof directly outside the window; I was awoken at 5.30am by seagulls on both mornings. Apparently no measures had been taken to prevent birds landing (and presumably nesting) on the roof of the building, something which I consider to be an extraordinary oversight, considering the location.

A further inconvenience was that there was no water in the morning: halfway through taking a shower the water cut out and unbelievably there was no water from any of the taps. I rang reception twice and couldn't get through...When I eventually got dressed and went downstairs to reception I was informed, quite disconcertingly that this had been an issue all morning.

At £80 a night (no breakfast/no parking) I felt that it could and should have delivered more for the price. I'm a Platinum loyalty member and despite being granted an early check-in and a welcome drink there wasn't much else on offer...The bar/restaurant was fine and offered decent choice on drinks and snacks, though it was mainly over-priced and it all felt rather sterile.

For Brighton in August it wasn't an altogether bad option and I may be inclined to stay again in the future, however, I'll definitely be shopping around first. I've stayed in better places in Brighton and compared to some of those, this place was decidedly average.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very valuable feedback online. As discussed in a separate email, we are indeed taking measures to address the nuisance of the seagulls, however are researching the most Eco friendly means of achieving this. The issue of the water pressure has now been resolved and every single room is again fully functional. Thank you once again for your feedback. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great value for money, clean, ideal location, parking was close by and also reasonable. Would stay here again if I was to stay in Brighton.
The rooms are what you expect with an ibis, slightly small bathroom but as a base while you intend to spend most your time in the city it's all you need.

• Stayed: August 2014