“Quality Turkish food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turkish Villa Restaurant

Turkish Villa Restaurant
Ranked #227 of 1,099 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality Turkish food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our first meal at Turkish Villa when we spent the bank holiday in Brighton, on a whim after we spotted it nestled down a side road off the taxi rank near the pier. The decor was modest but cosy, surroundings were clean, staff were very friendly. The food was outstanding (I had the Patlican Kebab : Aubergine filled with mince), and my partner had Guvec (a spicy and tender lamb stew). The portions were generous and well presented, but very reasonably priced. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone who is a fan of Turkish cuisine.

• Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, nice atmosphere, friendly service, reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband, my daughter (9 years old and unfortunately a rather fussy eater) and I had an excellent meal in this little unassuming restaurant in Brighton last week. As we spend a few days in Brighton every winter, we are always keen to try new restaurants. This one is not in the most picturesque location but very central (i.e. the National Express Bus station), looks small from outside (more like a takeaway) but is spotless and surprisingly cosy once seated inside. There is a large open barbecue and the kitchen is on show so one can watch the meals being prepared, which I really like.
The people who run it (I believe it's a family business) are friendly and the nice young woman who served us, was quick, welcoming and very helpful. The food was delicious, - tasty typical Turkish dishes really well prepared (we tried quite a few of them), and the wine (I just ordered red by the glass) was very decent, too.
I don't normally write reviews on tripadvisor, but this was such a pleasant surprise I thought I had to share it, and I wish them well!

• Visited December 2013
Bushey, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent and tasty homemade food. Polite and helpful staff. Nothing too much trouble! Simple decor. A real lucky find. We eat a lot of Turkish food and this is one of the better ones!

1 Thank DaniSimon13
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

My second visit today and just as successful as the first. It's really nice to return to a restaurant and to experience the same, perhaps even better than what made the first visit so great!!

Excellent fresh, good quality ingredients, prepared and cooked with care and the expertise of a very capable chef. Homemade Ayran (unsweetened yoghurt drink) and brilliant Turkish tea & coffee served in traditional cups.

Very friendly staff. Not instructive but eager to please.

The open kitchen, complete with proper charcoal grill, is great and we watched with interest rice pudding wing baked and homemade baclava being made.

This is not a table cloth & shiny cutlery place, it certainly doesn't need to be the food quality is exceptional. For anyone that knows their way round a good Turkish restaurant, you might particularly appreciate the lamb shish which elsewhere I find is not always very fresh. Here it is. No complaints at all!

4 Thank Raj B
Brighton
“New and very welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

A small restaurant in Pool Valley, Brighton - Near to Pier and beach, a little tucked away but benefits from a quiet location (apart from the odd coach heading to the coach station). Has the best qualities of a Turkish, family run restaurant and seems to have many visitors from that country enjoying authentic food,. Food very fresh and cooked to order in good sized servings and fairly priced. Kitchen is on open display and looked spotless. The grilling aroma added to the ambience and the appetite!
All ages present and many nationalities.

• Visited August 2013