“Lovely lovely”

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I meant to do this review an age ago. We stayed in Feb for my partners birthday and had a fabulous time. We arrived in Brighton a few hours early and fortunately for us found a parking spot directly outside the hotel. My partner went in and asked about the possibility about dropping our bags early and he was informed that our room was already ready and that we could check in early, which was great. We went and and we're warmly greeted by one of the staff who showed us to our room. We stayed in the Geisha room and found it really lovely. Our only real issue for us personally was that the room is fairly small and two single beds were placed together with bedding over the top which actually made it slight uncomfortable during the night. This really would be our only issue. We decided to enquire about the possibility and were offered the penthouse at a reduced rate. We decided to go for it and we're not dissatisfied at all. The loft we took had a theme as well, nicely thought out and adds and nice vibe to the room, whirlpool bath was great and it really made all the difference going for the upgrade. I would definitely stay here again and in doing so I would know that it's certainly worth spending the extra to get the hotels best experience. Next time we will go for the Eden suite (which was sadly not available). It looks amazing! The manager at the hotel was really super friendly offered advice but was not overly intrusive in any way, we really felt welcome and there were often people drinking in the lounge and it created and really great atmosphere. The breakfast was simply perfect. I had everything that was served for the cooked breakfast, the quality was what I would buy for myself good bacon, well made sausages, nice bread etc, we were really really pleased we what and how we were served. We look forward to our future visit!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the penthouse suite!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel was booked by my boyfriend for our anniversary, we got the New York Penthouse which was decorated very well, it was clean with comfortable beds the view from the back window was lovely! the down side is that its just a bit over rated with the price! otherwise I would definitely recommend this for any couple who are planning a romantic get away!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissyM07
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We went with friends last year, we had the Hove room which was very small down in the basement with a cramped shower and toilet, really very basic. Our friends had the Elvis room which was nicer. Overall thought it quite expensive for what you get and not worth it. On the plus side it's in a good location and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed there for three nights to celebrate our anniversary. Our package included breakfast and a a sauna session for a really good price which was great. Staff were friendly, hotel was cozy and clean, our room was the Indian Theme room. Although it wasn't that big, and our view was to the rear of the building, it was comfortable enough for two. Our breakfast, which we pre-ordered at the desk, was delivered to our room and was delicious. The location was great around 20 minutes walking from the station and five to the beach. Had really good places to eat all around and the area was quiet and nice, apart from the local seagulls which were noisy all the time. Normal for a beach front hotel, Would definitely stay again!

LIKED: LOCATION, CLEANLINESS OF ROOM, PRICE, SERVICE, BREAKFAST
NOT SO MUCH: LOUD SEAGULLS and SPACE.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Ideal location, stones throw from the beach. Informative welcome, including cut price parking permit! Lovely room and great breakfast! Have been in bed and breakfasts where I dreaded having to go back. The small courtyard had a table and chairs, great for smokers! Would recommend!

Room Tip: The Boudoir is a family room, one double in one room and up to 3 beds in the other. Great room if th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed as a treat for anniversary, in the Eden suite. Not sure if I would label it a suite given the size. Opted for a couples massage, which was nice but they had to rearrange the the sofa and furniture just to fit the massage couches in. Decor was good, carried out the garden of Eden theme throughout.
Hot tub in the private courtyard is not that private as all the nearby houses overlook it, though a parasol is provided it isn't quite big enough, so still can't help but get a few peeping toms. The hot tub is not allowed to be used after 11pm which is a shame for a £180 and it didn't seem to make enough noise to disturb neighbours.
Shower isn't very powerful and the boiler makes loud noise while it's being used. Lots of breakfast choice with fresh ingredients, but portion size isn't very big. Overall a good stay, but I would have expected more for the money, it's the little touches that make a huge difference.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank louiseb124
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My fiance & I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. It was a belated birthday present for him so I also paid for the treats package. The staff were helpful & friendly from the moment we arrived, helping to carry my bags to the room. We stayed in the Moroccan room - it was lovely but smaller than I expected. The bathroom was small but it was really nicely done out - the shower was fab. The room did get quite warm but we did have a tower fan (which we did have use even though the weather wasn't all that warm & raining outside). The breakfast was amazing - I'm not usually a big fan of cooked breakfasts but this one was lovely. Not greasy at all and you could tell it was all fresh produce. Location of the hotel is great too - within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. Parking could get expensive if you stayed for more than 2 nights but for the amount of time we were there it wasn't too much of a problem. We would definitely stay here again but I'd like to try one of the suites next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple