“Be careful which room you book” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Spray Boutique Hotel

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Be careful which room you book”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We decided to head to Brighton as a last minute weekend break, we looked online and found a room at the Sea Spray so booked up the Indian Summer room for £120 for one night. Parking wasn't a problem, we got a permit and found somewhere to park only a couple of minutes from the hotel. We then went and checked in, the staff were friendly and took us to our room but I definitely don't think it's worth £120 a night. I'd suggest a maximum of £60 given the size of the room. The 'private shower' is what seems like a converted wardrobe they've put a shower cubicle into so you step out the shower back into the bedroom. It's a bit depressing and so small in the room that there isn't anywhere to put your case without having to climb over it to get to the bed. They've put a 4 poster bed into the room which really doesn't help, a normal bed wouldn't seem as big in such a small room. Overall I'd recommend the hotel for position and the breakfast but be careful which room you go for!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GRH85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

...as its the way we seem to now judge B&Bs.

I have to say I really enjoyed my stay here. We were in deepest darkest Surrey for the weekend and the sun came out so took the opportunity to head to Brighton for the day, this was after we went past the M23 junction and after a detour surrounded by MAMILs, Bikers and getting mixed up with the Box Hill Mini Owners Club along the A24 we arrived in Brighton in glorious sunshine having booked on the drive down, so pretty short notice.

Staying in the Renaissance Suite with it's classical touches, cherubs and fancy swirls, like the ones on the end of the bed that I walked into :) I had a good nights sleep. So job done in that respect. The room had French windows that led to a small balcony and which bathed the room in sunlight. It also allowed my wife to watch the Parking warden dish out tickets outside. So you'll need to consider parking whilst staying. I parked overnight in the Trafalgar Street car park, which is probably as far away as you can get, but it appeared pretty secure, reasonably priced for a 24 hour stay and the car survived. Besides we only found out the marathon was on once we'd parked up and the roads were still closed when we we thinking about moving the car. My advice, get the AA Parking app.

Brighton itself? excellent, but then it was a sunny day with everyone out enjoying themselves, or punishing themselves with a 26.2 mile run.

And finally, the other B. Breakfast. They do boast of their sausages, and they do match the hype. Was one of the nicest breakfasts I've had at a B&B.

Coming back to the 4 in a bed theme, the minor niggles. Which stop the place from getting five stars but shouldnt stop you from clicking 'book now'.

The door lock/knob, perfectly secure, but when I play with a knob I like it to feel firm and secure. This was a bit wobbly and took too much jiggling about by the wife to get the bolt secured in the hole, so to speak. Although to reiterate secure once locked. It just didn't convey a sense of quality you want to secure you possessions with.

Also there was a small mark on the towels. It happens, and the rest of the bathroom, although cosy in the shower for someone who's 6' 2" was spotless and functioned as you'd expect.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

I was in Brighton for the Marathon. The hotel is in walking distance of the finish which was one of the reasons I chose it and I liked the look of the rooms on the website. I arrived in the pouring rain but the Reception and welcome were warm and thankfully my room was ready. I stayed in the Marrakech Room. Yes it was compact as described, but nicely furnished and very comfortable. The room was clean, the bed comfy and there was plenty of hot water. The Hotel is about one minutes walk in one direction to some good restaurants and local shops. In the other direction less than a minutes walk from the sea. So in an ideal spot. All the staff I met were very friendly. The breakfast was good and I could not fault My stay. If I visit Brighton again I would definitely look to go there again. I agree with some of the reviews in that the carpets are a bit worn in places and it could do with a lick of paint here and there but to me that was fine and and added to it's homely charm. I would recommend it to friends.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a nice little hotel. We Stayed in the Indulgence suite for one night.
It's quite hard to fault the hotel really, although I probably could pick out a few things if I was being picky.
The rooms are nice, but compared to the pictures I saw online I must admit I was little bit disappointed. They were still good though, and we had a TV and DVD player, nice large bed, nice bathroom and the hotel has a nice view (From the front, I don't know about the back).

The only faults (if I had to / being a little picky) were I thought the corridors were a bit dark and shabby looking and the carpet in the corridors and in our room looked a bit shabby and not professionally laid. The window also looked like it needed a lick of paint and the room had a well used look about it and was probably amazing before lots of people had used it.

Overall it was a nice clean place and breakfast was really nice and very good service throughout the hotel. Plus it's in a good central location by the sea front.

Room Tip: Check the door after you've locked it. I found the door hadn't locked when I checked it.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Eden suite. It was a lovely room in a great location. The staff were really friendly and always went out of their way to help us. The hot tub was a great addition to the room, especially in the cold weather! Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is a great little hotel just a 5 minute walk from the laines. We stayed in the 'renaissance suite'. The room was large and had a little balcony from which we could see the sea. The bathroom was rather compact and bijou in comparison though, but perfectly adequate. The bed was very comfortable and cosy. The mini bar was possibly the best stocked mini bar I have ever seen. :)

I had a massage in our room which was a bargain at only £40, it lasted almost an hour and a half and was very relaxing.

There was a good choice on offer for breakfast, including champagne breakfast or breakfast in bed for an additional cost.

The staff were very helpful, giving us directions as well as some good restaurant and bar recommendations.

All in all we very very pleased with this little hotel and would definitely stay again.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Myself and my beautiful girlfriend stayed a couple of days in Brighton. We booked one night at the Sea Spray hotel in the Geisha Room. The room was smaller than I had expected from the photo on the website but very nice all the same. The bed was huge and really comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and we both enjoyed our stay. There were hot drink facilities & did make tea in the morning. Choosing to lie in we missed breakfast so cannot comment on that. I would consider booking at the Sea Spray again.