“Great location, amazing breakfast”

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #18 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great location, amazing breakfast”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We booked a room at the Sea Spray hotel at the last minute for a busy bank holiday weekend. We were a little concerned about taking a basement room, but it was a good price. On arriving there we were pleasantly surprised by the location (it's minutes from the sea, the pier and the pavilion). The rooms were all themed. We stayed in the Hove room which was in the front basement and got a surprising amoutn of sun through the day. The room had bright murals of local scenes and a very comfortable bed.

The best bit about the hotel was the breakfast. We had taken the continental option(English was an extra) but we got large quantities. The tiny croissants were among the best I have had. There fruit was freshly cut and the muffins were brilliant. Generous helpings and very friendly staff.

They were happy to store our luggage till late evening at no extra charge. Will definitely return to it

Room Tip: Opt for a park facing room, which should get a lot of sun. From the upstairs rooms you might get a v...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I will start with the only positive things I have to say. Staff are friendly and the bed was comfortable. Full stop.
Although the bed was comfortable I wasn't able to sleep very well as I could hear all the noise that was going on outside my room. Doorbell ringing, people walking up and down the stairs, SLAMMING doors and a dove outside my 'closed' window. Windows and other things in the hotel were definitely in need of refurbishing. No insulation whatsoever... Smelled all the kitchen 'aroma's' like coffee, eggs and bacon which felt like things they were being fried in old oil or not properly cleaned utensils, right into my room. Window was still closed. The shower: couldn't get the temperature I wanted. Either scorching hot or freezing cold! Sink tap was first turning 90 degrees before I got water coming out of it. Although the Hotel Tonight website I booked through said it would have a small fridge there was none to be seen. When I reported my complaints to the receptionist, all she had to say was complain to Hotel Tonight! Are HT the ones to blame? Would be interestinf to know... When I said I had seen B&B's performing better and being cheaper she said they also did B&B! Well my breakfast was not included in the price I paid for it, being a so called BOUTIQUE Hotel! Would definitely not recommend. There is better out there!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sherbert11
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner, stayed in the Marrakech room, it was quite small but perfectly suited our needs. The staff were wonderful, so kind and full of tips on where to go with regards to night life and day time attractions. Had a wonderful stay, so clean and beautiful.

Stayed April 2014
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned from a lovely one night stay in The Eden Suite. The room itself was really nice with everything you possibly needed. The hot tub especially in its own little private garden was pleasantly wonderful, clean and at the right temperature. The breakfast that got delivered to us in our own little dining area was really really tasty, where we got the choice of what we wanted to eat and drink. Everything was easy at the hotel from checking in where the receptionist was very helpful and gave us an insight of where to visit, to the checking out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone if you fancy a beautifully presented room with the relaxation of the hot tub!

Room Tip: Be careful when booking on the website for a room as it is really easy to click on the wrong room wi...
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here over the Easter break 2014. We had the Marrakesh room, which was cosy and nicely decorated. Staff were friendly, in particular the guy on reception who took time to give us a detailed guide to places to visit, and the waitress at breakfast. Breakfast was excellent. All in all a great place - our only regret was that we discovered, after paying to park in an NCP, that we could have asked at reception for a visitor's permit for only £10 for 24 hours Worth knowing!

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago (Giesha themed room), and stayed again for a three day break last week, this time in their Oriental themed room.
This room was advertised as a compact double, but was certainly large enough for me. The bed was comfortable and a good size, the shower was full size and very efficient, plenty of space at the wash hand basin, and the loo in the same room wash also very efficient. Knee room if you're on the loo might be considered a bit snug, but if this is a compact room, then I'm more than happy with compact!
Lighting was controllable from the bed side (not just the bedside lights, but the main lights too) which was a nice touch, and the TV was a good size with good picture.
Storage space for two might be a little tight (is this the compact bit?), but for me on my own it was more than adequate.
Tea making facilities, hair drier, and even a mini bar all there.
All in all, I loved the room, loved the furnishings, and found the staff very friendly and helpful, making the stay very enjoyable... I shall be going back again.
PS. I was on room only, but took advantage of two breakfasts... full english for around £7.00 each, and very nice each were to, served by very friendly young staff, in a the very light and airey dining room.
Yet another plus point for me.

Room Tip: If you're treavelling solo then save money and go for the compact room... more than enough space...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked on a whim, for the same night and got a good deal on the Eden room, which had it's own hot tub.

We checked in around 7pm and the man behind reception was very friendly, showing us to our room and explaining everything for our stay.

The room had a lovely layout and was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was simply divine to relax those aching muscles!! The highlight for us though was the breakfast which was freshly cooked and brought to our room and has to go down as one of the best breakfasts we've ever had!

Can't wait to come back again :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple