Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$126
My Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$148
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$175
  • Pool
US$151
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewshot tubeden suiteelvis roommanhattan penthousevenetian suiteoriental roomindulgence suitethemed roomsindian summerbreakfast in bedmy partnermini barsea frontbrighton piercooked breakfastbooked last minutesmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Well the Sea Spray has mixed reviews on Trip Advisor so I was a little concerned. We stayed in the Gehsia room which I have to say looked much bigger on their web site. We were in Brighton just for one night so all we needed was a comfy bed a decent bathroom and a good location. The Sea Spray provided all of these. Parking was ok but be warned the parking attendents were very keen and I saw lot's of tickets on cars. the staff at the Sea Spray were very jolly which is nice and the breakfast was very satisfactory. This is more a quality guest house rather than a boutique hotel it is quirky and like I said did the job. Personally I would drop the themed rooms as this is a bit naff especially as they are presented very half heartedly. They would be so much better all white with just one bold piece of art and a big wall mirror in our room would have made it feel much larger. Also white doors would make all the difference. The sink in the bathroom was obviously blocked which was a minor irritation but the water did go in the end!. Would we go back? Yes for £99.00 including breakfast it was a good deal, would I book for a week no, this is the perfect place for a two day break in Brighton. but not a holiday.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2009

I travel around the UK a lot and really appreciated the care and attention I got at Sea Spray. I stayed for 4 nights. My Room, the Geisha, was spotlessly clean, good bathroom, comfy bed, free wifi, even a snack menu for the evening when I was too tired to go out and get something to eat. The staff were really nice, helpful, showed me where to park, carried my heavy bag and sorted out my dry cleaning. The breakfast was great too and they opened the dining room eary for me as I had to leave by 9. All in all a great stay. I would reccommend this little Boutique Hotel and have already booked to come back in Feb.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I booked through laterooms.com and paid only £130 for a two night stay in the Boudoir suite. If I had paid the full price of £400 for the two nights, I would have been bitterly disappointed. As it was, it wasn't bad enough to leave as it was my partners birthday and we didn't want the hassle of reorganising accomodation after a 5 hour drive to Brighton, but essentially the hotel was a let down. There are some excellent aspects to the hotel, namely the excellent friendly and helpful service, and the location, but as mentioned on previous reviews, the website is very clever in its portrayal of the rooms as being of higher quality than they actually are. The themed decoration is exceptionally minimal and the whole suitewas very bare and cheaply done. The bathroom was however the worst room, needing serious redecoration. The sign on the wall told us that there was enough hot water for one bath or for three ten minute showers, and then it would take 45 minutes before any hot water was available again. This is not acceptable when staying in a hotel in the age of combi boilers! Especially at £200 per night?! Because it was my partners birthday, I asked for the balloons on the bed service for £7.50. This was also disappointing and lacklustre, consisting of only 8 small balloons when he came down to find them after breakfast, it was an anti climax and looked pathetic. The other big problem was the noise from the rest of the building. It sounded like a removal firm was working and it only stopped at about 12 midnight and started again at 5am. When I brought it up at reception on checkout, I was not charged for the late checkout or balloons on the bed, a reduction of £15. Overall,the service is helpful and friendly and the best thing about this place, BUT it needs some improvments made urgently. If it had not been a) £130 or most importantly b) a birthday trip then I would have asked for my money back and found other accomodation.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankietravels17
Reviewed 15 December 2008

Staying in Boutique hotels in other parts of the country and world, I would have to question exactly if the Sea Spray fits into this category. A themed bed and breakfast is probably more appropriate

On the positive side, the welcome was great, the service during our stay was excellent and the rooms were clean and functional. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend breakfast (especially as it was available until 11am! and with papers...)

What you get in terms of themed room is probably luck of the draw. I stayed in the Geisha room that was small and the theming consisted of some fans and a kimono on the wall and a couple of Japanese cultural books...not exactly over the top.

So don't get carried away in what you expect - you may get disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 December 2008

This hotel's cancellation policy is a scandal.

If you have to cancel, they hang on to your deposit no matter what. We booked one night, paying up front and wanted to cancel over 7 days before the booking. Despite the fact that we had been good customers before, putting up work colleagues there, the hotel point blank refused to refund the money.

I am a local who has never stayed there myself, so my warning is - don't book unless you read their small print and are willing to abide by it to the letter. Otherwise, they will take great deight in throwing the rule book at you.

• Stayed: December 2008