“A birthday to remember!”

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the quirky and well-located Sea Spray. It was nice to wake up on my birthday in such a lovely and unique room(Geisha Room) and have such a nice, filling breakfast to tuck in to! Having stayed in numerous other hotels in Brighton before, which were quite disappointing and over priced, it was refreshing to have a big breakfast included in the price and to be able to leave luggage in a safe place upon check-out, whilst we could go off exploring. Very good value, very well worth a stay and we'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2010

Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed in the Venetian room, very clean, very spacious, bathroom very clean. Hotel in excellent location, staff were very polite and very helpful and very approachable. Meal at the local brasserie excellent value for money and excellent food. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent and cooked fresh.
I would not hesitate in returning to this hotel as they made us feel very welcome and the rooms and everything really excellent and very good cost for the very high standard of hotel and service.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Very pleasant little hotel, with attentive staff, and comfortable bed. Nicer staying here than at some of the bigger, more 'chain' type hotels, but room we stayed in would have been a bit small if staying for more than a few days. For our overnight stay, it was perfect, and would go there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2010

stayed here for an anniversary weekend. the themed room was lovely with dvd player & fresh white robes. a little out of the town but close to the sea. our night's sleep was spoilt by another b&b over the road having some rather load guests but other than that it was great.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed at the weekend and were pleased with the help we received wtih parking and restaurant/shopping tips. Our suite was great with nice little touches like ceiling speakers and dvd player/minibar. We had a treats package which was just that - a real treat with champagne, breakfast in bed, choccies etc! My partner had a massage in their treatment room and said it was amazing! I wish I had booked one - definitely next time! The breakfast was delicious and served quite late which was great as we had had a late night! I would definitely go back, I loved Brighton and I loved our stay! Thank you guys!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Me and my partner decided on sea spray for our anniversary after reading positive reviews. We chose the Manhatten Penthouse Suite as we fancied splashing out a bit and at £180 per night (staying for 2 nights) we had high expectations.

When we arrived we were welcomed by Melanie who explained to us about the parking. A permit costing £6 would cover 24hrs if parked in zone C where there are no parking meters. As we arrived at 7.30pm on a thursday night, there was no spaces available to use the permit so we had to park under a meter and pay for an hour (you have to pay between 9am - 8pm) and would have to move it in the morning. A nusense to start with i must admit. We would advise arriving earlier during the day before people return from work, you may be more likely to get a space that way.

We got taken to our room which was clean and comfortable, although we did expect it to be a little bigger and luxurious for the price tag. She explained breakfast for the morning and that those staying in the penthouses recieve breakfast in bed which sounded good. We both chose the full english options for breakfast, chosing between juice or hot drinks and which type of toast. It arrived at the time specified but we were a bit disappointed with the lack of choice of options and the sausages were very small, you only got one.

The room has a big flat screen tv with freeview channels and dvd player which was very good, the hotel has fast FREE wifi which my ipod connected to straight away, another added extra. The room possessed a seating area which we used to eat our takeaway pizza which most hotels would not allow but melanie offered us plates and cutley which made things alot easier and cheaper as we didnt want to eat out two nights in a row. The room also had a mini bar with water,wine, beer, juice, canned drinks and spirits which you could have at a charge. They also provided a hairdryer, ironing board and iron. The bed was a kingsize with black leather, the pilows seemed a bit hard and the bed also but i guess each person has a different view on bed comfort, but it was ok. The maid came in and made the bed after one nght, replaced the towels and bins.

One fo the main reasons why we chose this room was for the jacuzzi bath. We was hoping it would be a little bigger again however once we had filled it up (it took a while) we both could sit in the bath and the jacuzzi was nice especially with the blue lighting. The shower was also very good although it was a little difficult to get the temperatur right.

We was also given a key to the side door of the hotel as the recption is only open 8am - 9pm. This meant we could come and go as we pleased.

Overall a good stay although for the price we paid we expected a bit more like dinner or champagne in the room. Maybe one of the cheaper rooms would have provided us with the same experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I just stayed 3 nights in the Manhattan Penthouse Suite, paid 125 pounds per night which included breakfast (delivered to my room).
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was homely and relaxed and the location is great, just a 1 minute walk to beach and close to all the shops and main attractions. I think the room description (penthouse suite) was a bit overstated, it was really a spacious attic room with small modern bathroom, very pleasant with a good view, but quite a long way short of a penthouse suite (but then again it wasnt priced as a penthouse suite). I did have a housekeeping issue with the room but this was professionally and efficiently resolved, and I always think a place can be judged best by how it resolves complaints, in this case it gets an A* for this. The breakfast was great, and very nice to have the option of getting it delivered to the room. I can see why a previous reviewer said it wasn't a boutique hotel but I think the themed rooms are named a little tongue in cheek and should be taken in that spirit. Very limited room service menu but then again it's a stones throw from about a million pubs and restaurants. The room price included wireless internet which was very efficient, I also booked a massage whilst there which was excellent. Overall I would definitely recomment this place for a very pleasant and relaxed break.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
NBoyce, General Manager at Sea Spray Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2010

Thank you for your recent comments.
I am very grateful that you have taken the time to review the Sea Spray. I am delighted that certain elements of your stay have met your expectations, and also regret that on others we were not able to do so.

In am so pleased that you found our staff helpful, and the atmosphere pleasant. Our main objective and unique selling point is the incomparable service that we strive to achieve, and I am so pleased that this has been noticed and appreciated.
I believe that our own website demonstrates the essence and facilities of each of our rooms accurately, and I am sorry that you feel that it has been misrepresented in any way. We always strive to present an accurate representation of our rooms and facilities, and our staff are always at hand to provide an accurate description of the desired room prior to booking.

I am, however, very pleased that our massage lived up to your expectations, and that you had time to take advantage of the free wireless access that we provide each of our guests for the duration of their stay.

Thank you once again for your comments. All feedback is essential in ensuring that we are meeting our ongoing goals for our guests, and I am very grateful for the time you have taken in doing so.

Kind regards,