WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sea Spray Boutique Hotel

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #24 of 99 Brighton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem in Brighton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

If you’re looking for a gem in the cluster of the many hotels in Brighton, then the Sea Spray is it. This charming place with themed décor is moments away from the beach and a selection of wonderful restaurants. The team are helpful and pleasant, but mostly, possibly the best breakfast I have experienced in a long time. Great value for money! JP

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I came across this hotel when carrying out a google search on the internet. I couldn't be more impressed with the service my husband and I received from the initial booking through to our departure. The hotel is clean, contemporary and very welcoming. The receptionist was extremely helpful and provided us with a map and highlighted lots of places that we might like to visit during our stay. The themed room which we stayed in for two nights was spacious, comfortable and luxurious. Breakfast in bed was an extra special touch.
The hotel is in walking distance of all of the main attractions and is close to the sea front. If I return to brighton in the future I would definately book into this hotel again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

Having read some of the other reviews. Yes, I'm sure it was once a Brighton B&B, you probably could find more luxury if you went to a chain hotel. But, it was really friendly and personal from the moment we stepped in the door, in a way you just don't get when you stay in a chain hotel. We stayed in the NY penthouse, which was great. After a day taking in all Brighton's delights we had massages, with Gary, which left us feeling really relaxed, and then were guided by the lovely lady on reception to a great restaurant for our evening meal. A thoroughly relaxing escape away. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend and will be staying again.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

We had a lovely two night stay in the new york suite. The room was lovely,clean and comfortable.....and we loved it!
The breakfast was great in a lovely dining room. Staff were lovely. Location fab.
What more can I say? It really ticked all the boxes and I will be returning!!!

Before our stay we were concerned about the parking....but it is not as complicated as it sounds. There is parking rightoutside that is on coin meters. Leaving your car outside for a few hours on these meters is fine and is free after 6pm till 9am. The following day I purchased a day ticket and parked in a nearby street.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Spray for 1 night, and booked the midweek dinner deal. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, and or room (the New York Penthouse) was delightful. It was clean, tidy and had all facilities required, plus an en-suite with jacuzzi bath. A full english breakfast being brought up to the room in the morning, was such a rare and nice treat too!
We had an evening meal at the local Il Bistro brasserie in town (included in price of room), the choice of food was from quite a basic menu, but was nonetheless also very good, and the manager was very friendly.
All in all, we found the package to be very good value for money, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sea Spray hotel to friends and family. 10/10.

Marlow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

Make sure you know what you are buying here, I paid £414.00 for two nights, Friday and Saturday, in a "luxury Suite Double" through Laterooms.com, I was expecting, I quote:-
"Award-winning luxury Boutique Hotel offering stylish and individually designed accommodation on central popular seafront square, with excellent personal and friendly service, great concierge services, massage/sauna room and extensive award-winning breakfast menu"
When I arrived I was rather surprised to find that it was not a Hotel but a Bed & Breakfast Guest House in a standard city terrace house.
What I got for my £200+ per night was:
Not a suite but a very small room with a standard size bed, no leisure seating apart from one small chaise longue, a tiny bathroom with no bath and no room to dress, no bath robes and absolute minimal wardrobe space with the Mini Bar and the kettle crammed in leaving no room for long items.
As far as a B&B goes it is well run, I’ve no complaints there, the room and the bedding was clean, the breakfast good but you cannot realistically be expected to pay more than £80 per night for that - £120 per night would be expensive any more is just daylight robbery.
When you pay £200+ a night for accommodation advertised as a Hotel you can reasonably expect a Hotel not a B&B, you would also expect a spacious room with some comfortable chairs or a settee to sit on, a spacious bathroom (with Bath), bath robes, 24hour concierge/room service, communal lounges, restaurants and a bar.
In summary, very disappointing, it is a very misleading advertisement for an extortionately priced above average B&B.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RobEagle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

I could not fault the Sea Spray hotel. I booked the New York penthouse suite as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday and from the initial enquiry I made, right through to us checking in, the service was brilliant! Staff were extremely helpful and kind both via
e-mail and when we arrived. We were asked how our journey had been, maps of the area were offered, as well as any other help we may have required.
The suite itself was impressive, very clean and spacious, with a king-size bed, lounge area, champagne on arrival and a beautiful bathroom complete with whirlpool jets in the bath.
Breakfast in bed was a treat!
The hotel is in a great location, only a short walk into the centre of the town, which is full of great shops and restaurants.
The boyfriend said it was his 'best birthday ever'.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. My only fault would be that we could not stay longer! I cannot wait to stay here again.