“Great little find, fab music and staff!”
Review of CuBar Brighton

CuBar Brighton
Ranked #40 of 124 Nightlife in Brighton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Cuban Cocktail Lounge. *FREE VENUE HIRE* - for any event! Huge selection of Rum & Whiskey. Our cocktail menu is highly versatile, great value and made to perfection. We offer superb Stag & Hen experiences, from Premium Whisky/Rum tasting events, to our DIY cocktail course, Burlesque events & many more, we aim to make your special day exactly that. VIP table reservations are available with one of the most extensive Bottle ranges in the whole of Sussex at unbeatable prices. The all new CuBar really is a must see, just a stones throw from Brighton's famous West Pier, you will find us on Preston Street linked to the West Beach Hotel.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Went to this bar after a lovely meal with friends, we danced the night away to the most amazing band. The staff were brilliant and it is a lovely, quirky find. Will definitely go back. Everyone was so friendly and all the locals just joined in with the dancing, it was fantastic. Didn't get the name of the band, but they were just so good! Love Preston Street!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This quirky little hideaway in Preston Street is a secret haven, just a minute’s walk from the beach. This venue offers great customer service from all staff members who I have had the pleasure of meeting. It serves to endear you to its edgy vibe. Between friends we got through most of the cocktails list, great prices which where an excellent feature and let's face it, who wouldn't want to be sat in funky bar with old mates reminiscing drinking decent cocktails! A great all round experience and a sound recommendation to anyone who is in the Brighton area or looking for a good cocktail.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was given a voucher which entitled me to 4 cocktails for £20. We spent more time waiting for our drinks than we did drinking them. I'm pretty sure there was only 1 shot in each (so not technically a cocktail). We were there pretty early and yet most of the other customers were already wasted and very very loud/annoying. My advice is: don't bother, there are 100's of better bars in Brighton and I do not know how this one has made it to number 2!!

1  Thank aim648
NickPaps88, Owner at CuBar Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I am extremely sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your visit to Cubar.
I am surprised to hear that you were waiting a long time for your cocktails as we pride ourselves on fast and efficient service.

I can assure you that all drinks listed on our cocktail menu are in fact cocktails, we use a minimum of 40ml of spirit (Mojito & Daiquiri), most have over 50ml (Margarita, Blackjack etc.) while some up to 75ml (Havana Beach Ice Tea).
The offer you are stating cost £10 for 4 cocktails as that is the only voucher we have ever offered, in which case 40ml of spirit in a cocktail for £2.50 each is an absolute bargain. We have lots and lots of great feedback from customers about our cocktails and we expect to keep that going.
Although that does not excuse the slow service you received, I would personally like to put this right, I'd like to offer you any 2 cocktails on our menu free of charge. Why not come to Cubar on a Wednesday or Thursday as we have a nice chilled atmosphere with great live music, I noticed you mentioned it was loud/annoying, possibly not to your taste, I'd advise checking our events page to make sure you do no not come on a DJ night.

I am interested to find out the date of your visited so I can check with staff what was going on that night.

I apologise once again and I am confident that if you decide to return to our bar you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My friend told me about cubar as she said it was one of the best bars in brighton! So I booked it couple of weeks ago deposit only for my 21st birthday and I've had one of the best nights out there! Everything was perfect and the staff were amazing!!!! Drinks prices were great and I would recommend everyone to visit cubar or get booking events/birthdays here. You will not be disappointed!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2014

On 1st March I celebrated my birthday at Cubar. Owner Sophie was welcoming from the outset and couldn't do enough to help with arrangements. She organised a late licence for no charge and special cocktails to fit in with my nautical theme.
Friend's decorated and the place was very ambient.
The door and bar staff were great making for a worry free and really enjoyable night, Can't recommend them enough. Thanks

Great to hear you had such a good time at our bar. I'd like to thank you for your kind words. Please bare us in mind for future parties/events as we'd love to have you back.