“Fantastic lunch”

Price range: US$21 - US$55
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the Brighton Lanes, 64 Degrees is a small restaurant with an open kitchen by Great British Menu finalist Michael Bremner. Our passionate chefs concoct an evolving menu of tasty small plates using fresh, local produce. We hold a Bib Gourmand by Michelin and won Best Restaurant at the Brighton & Hove Food Awards 2014/2015. We were voted 16th in the National Restaurant top 100 list 2016 as well as being voted number 1 restaurant at the Brighton's Best restaurant awards 2016 & 2017.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Visited today with my daughter for lunch exceptional food and service very good atmosphere and staff could not have been nicer will definitely go back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were away for a girly weekend to celebrate my friends 40th and I booked this restaurant for a bit of fun. We were all very pleasantly surprised. The tapas style quirky dishes were a delight and most of all yummy. It was great to watch the food be prepared before our eyes ... The chefs pay so much attention to detail it was like having your own personal chef. The menu is unusual and quirky but if your up for something different and you enjoy amazing tasting food then this is the place for you. I recommend you book in advance as we saw many many people being turned away. The restaurant is very small but we felt this made it feel more exclusive. My only criticism was that the chairs were not very comfortable ... May I suggest some cushions? I can't wait to go back and take my husband. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I tried to book 64 degrees for Saturday night but unfortunately they were fully booked! I decided to go for lunch instead and was not disappointed - this place is an absolute gem! The team were all really friendly and the food was absolutely exquisite! Two of us chose 5 plates between us and cannot fault a single thing placed in front of us! I would particularly recommend the pheasant and the sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever tasted. I will definitely visit next time I am in brighton!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I can only concur with my fellow reviewers in saying that 64 Degrees is a great place to dine in. The restaurant is small, intimate, noisy and I expect it to be crowded when you visit. The seating layout is not traditional, more Teppanyaki style where you can be seated in bar style seats directly facing the chefs, watching them delicately plate your food.

Front of house staff are informal, friendly and efficient. The menu is relatively small with maybe 16 tapas style plates for you to savour. And savour them you will. I went with three members of my family and this enabled us to sample most of the restaurant's offerings and many of them are classics. I could detail and describe all the dishes we devoured but I think that may spoil your own experience so I will restrict myself to three. We all agreed that the chicken wings, normally a fairly routine dish, were absolutely fantastic. They are cooked in spices and come with a blue cheese sauce and a very tasty crisp bread. For the carnivore, the brisket rib with red cabbage is a rich and sumptuous dish. Our favourite vegetarian option was the cauliflower, served raw with pomegranate seeds in a curry-based sauce.

Desserts are great too.

Interacting and being served some of the dishes by the chef heightened our dining experience. Watching the chefs plate directly in front of you is also very interesting and informative. Tantalising also as you wait for it to be served.

A really fun and lively restaurant serving quality food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank kempr52
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My husband booked several weeks ago for my birthday and over that time we watched the ratings go up and up so were really looking forward to our visit.

Everything has been said in other reviews about the menu/service concept so I won't repeat that.

We chose six main dishes, the brisket, chicken and infamous egg from the meat section, mackerel from the fish, and cauliflower and potato from veg. The brisket was absolutely fabulous, the mackerel not for us but each dish was presented beautifully and tasted excellent. We then had two desserts, the rum bear which was lovely and the sticky toffee pudding, which was phenomenal.

All this plus two drinks each for £65 represents excellent value.

You might ask why I have given four stars not five; there are a couple of reasons. Firstly, the music was awful. I'm sure there are people who like their food with a side of drum n bass but I am not one of them. Second, I know space is at a premium and they don't have space for lots of different glasses but I do hate drinking wine from a beaker. Thirdly, and most importantly, the table we were sat at really shouldn't have been there. My husband got bashed in the back every time someone came in. It was especially frustrating as there we're spare seats overlooking the kitchen, where we would have liked to sit.

We will definitely go back, we had a great time, can't fault the food, service and value for money. Brighton needed a place like that and I hope it's very successful.

1  Thank Princess_Poppapia