“Overrated”

Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the Brighton Lanes, 64 Degrees is a small restaurant with an open kitchen by Great British Menu finalist Michael Bremner. Our passionate chefs concoct an evolving menu of tasty small plates using fresh, local produce. We hold a Bib Gourmand by Michelin and won Best Restaurant at the Brighton & Hove Food Awards 2014/2015. We were voted 16th in the National Restaurant top 100 list 2016 as well as being voted number 1 restaurant at the Brighton's Best restaurant awards 2016 & 2017.
London, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Interesting food, poor service, reasonable prices. Might come back but not really compelling enough to get too excited. Just shows what a food desert Brighton is. FT comments were off base.

1 Thank will t

London, United Kingdom
“Poor Vegetarian food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at many restaurants and the mark of a good restaurant has always been whether it can cater for my vegetarian wife. The reviews and the style of 64 Degrees sounded awesome and I had no concerns over taking my wife there. Happily ordered all 4 Veg dishes and the scallops and pork belly....scallops were lovely and pork belly was nice but the veg dishes....mmmmm
Well the beet root dish was the best and presented well and tasted good but the rest were bizarre
The potato fried served with cabbage and smoked butter....cabbage was nice...potato could have been frozen and reheated and with the butter was poor vegetarian dish
The carrot dish wasn't nice at all and the flavour of the carrots not great
The seaweed dish again poor....concept of the dish was dire
So clearly the chefs are not vegetarian and nor am I but I tasted all their veg food and frankly have seen enough of this restaurant as would never return. From the hype, the concept it has been an utter disappointment and I'm so glad that I booked a table last minute rather than look forward to coming to this restaurant for months.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Blasterchris
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Exciting and Delicious”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It's a brilliant little intimate restaurant, with a very warm atmosphere. The food is cleaver and delicious. I love trying new flavours and this was perfect for that. Every dish look beautifully presented, we really weren't dissapointed. The only thing I'd say is make sure you book ahead, the only time we could go for the date we wanted was 9:45 and by that time we were starving.

Brighton
“Not very impressed”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was looking forward to going here, having heard so much about the place, however I thought the whole experience needed a lot more thought.

I wasn't bothered about the lack of space (intimacy) or ambiance, my gripe is about the food and service.

The food was quite tasty in places but generally over salted (I like well seasoned food - I'm french), lacking pizzaz and tiny portion sizes sloppily/lazily put together with premium pricing.

The girl who served us seemed to posses the skills of a regular coffee shop assistant, inexperienced at looking after the guests, and felt like a bit of an effort.

Generally frequenting up and coming restaurants in London, I have a good idea what is decent and what's not and It seemed to me that 64 degrees is punching way above it's weight.

Unfortunately, as pleasant as the staff were, I couldn't help feeling that there was an air of arrogance about the place which left a nasty taste in my mouth (not food related).

4 Thank jamesclarke40
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Exciting Food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Intimate, tight little restaurant with a lively feel to it. Sat up at the pass, watching our food being prepared calmly and expertly. Service is efficient but without any frills or fuss. The food was genuinely exciting - interesting flavour combinations, beautifully presented and great flavours. The small dishes concept gives the meal that 'tasting menu' flow, meaning you're always excited about what's next. Don't ignore the vegetarian dishes - these were our favourite and considerably cheaper to boot. Great restaurant.