“Lovely Stuff”

Ranked #180 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relaxed cafe serving classic homemade British and European dishes plus platters using, where possible, locally sourced produce. Dishes are available to takeaway and there are daily specials. We cater for vegan and vegetarians and are dog friendly. There is a secluded south facing garden. The cafe and garden is available for private hire - birthday parties, hen dos, etc. We also host regular wine tastings and other events.
Brighton
“Lovely Stuff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stumbled upon this cafe recently and it really stands out from all the cheap and greasy thrills you find elsewhere in kemp town (and I don't just mean food)

I've always been a great lover of Omlettes (at the expense of my waistline lol!) and I must say the omelettes there are so fresh and non-greasy that they feel totally guilt free! And they don't tempt you with stodgy chips, you get a nicely dressed little salad.

I eat there all the time now despite it being 25mins walk from my house and it's so reasonably priced that I take my pals there and pay the bill to
look like a high roller!

• Visited June 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Decoration and quirkiness of the place is absoluely fantastic. Has that Brighton edge with class, sophistication, 'green' feel and chilled out atmosphere. Menu looks fantastic, really great selection of food and amazingly reasonable prices. Staff were friendly, they didn't seem particularly experienced or good at dealing with things but were lovely all the same.

Sat in the garden with gorgeous sunshine whilst waiting for food it was fab. But then we kept waiting...and waiting...about 25-30 minutes later our salads appeared and the food was a HUGE let down. I had the chicken caeser salad. Chicken incredibly bland, not flavour and watery...quite clearly out of a pack. Bacon also had no flavour whatsoever. Caeser dressing was average and I would put money on it being from a bottle you can get on the shelves in your local supermarket. It was literally the exact same standard as if you were to go into tesco, buy a pack of pre cut lettuce, a pack of chilled pre-cooked chicken and some dressing and just put it all on top of each other.

I would give it another go as it is so reasonably priced but would be more inclined to go for a hot sandwich or something. They really need to sort out their chef/quality of food. People will pay a little bit more for the quality and they are half the price of Neighbourhood next door so there is a margin to increase slightly on and still be good value.

Disappointing, especially as it's so nicely decorated I really wanted to love it!

• Visited June 2014
Sutton-in-the-isle
“Yeah!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

A bit peckish, we stopped here for a while. Excellent service from a pleasant young man and a fantastic bacon sarnie for me and a sausage sarnie for my wife. Superb, especially with the tomato chutney. Inexpensive, good food, smiley guy to serve you. Excellent

Visited May 2014
Paris, France
“MadHatter's Tea Party @ Morris & Jacques! YumYum!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Rachel helped me organise the welcoming brunch for my last yoga retreat and it was just excellent! Loads of vegetarian dishes, neat little details from "Alice in Wonderland", people were so full they could hardly move after the meal! Thank you so much to the whole M&J crew for such a special treat...

• Visited April 2014
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had breakfast here on a weekend away to Brighton! It got recommended to us by the hotel we were staying in - Strawberry Fields. It was soooo yummy and the staff were lovely! A really nice relaxed cafe environment. Thankyou :-)

Visited April 2014