Amherst Brighton
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Brighton
See available hotels
Kempton House(Brighton)
Legends Hotel(Brighton)
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Friendly staff, well presented room, comfortable bed, quiet at night but only 10 mins walk from The Lanes, great breakfast, good value - what's not to like?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I can not speak highly enough of my experience at the Amherst.
I stayed for 2 weeks while attending a course at Sussex university and found the Amherst perfect for all my needs.
Marcus and Lee were warm, relaxed, gracious and playful hosts that really helped to make my stay feel like a home rather than a hotel. There were always friendly faces to greet me and sincerely ask about my day, and I felt like I could ask their help with anything without it being a problem or a burden. Lovely.
I was fortunate enough to sample two different rooms, one on the top floor and a larger suite. Both had sea views, were attractively decorated and spacious by most standards. The tea and coffee facilities, complimented by free snacks of biscuits and chips was most welcome, as was the internet access included in the price. I chose a simple continental breakfast but the coffee was good, the porridge delicious and the chairs comfortable. The TV playing the BBC morning show quietly in the breakfast room corner was an unusual but enjoyable addition - and somehow added to the homely feel - even though I never normally watch TV news and talk in the morning. It just somehow eased the feeling of an intimate dining room with other guests you don't know.

The Amherst is within very easy walking distance of the beach, the pier, various great cafes, restaurants, sights, shopping areas and bus stops to most places you want to go.

Basically a lovely boutique size hotel with good facilities, a perfect location and charming hosts. Just book it!

Room Tip: the roof room can get hot in the summer, or noisy with windows open, but the view over the other roofs to the pier and the lights of the wheel might just be worth it
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Went to Brighton for a couple nights during a girls weekend trip. Marcus greeted us with a friendly smile upon arrival and helped us to our rooms. Such great attention to detail in the rooms (we had two) - everything was decorated beautifully! Marcus and Lee served us a lovely breakfast before we headed out to wander around the city. Highly recommended for singles/couples/friends!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at the Amherst last weekend, we chose here as all reviews were excellent and they were not wrong. Marcus & Lee were extremely welcoming when we arrived, helping us with our bags and sorting out the hotel residents parking permit which in Brighton is a must! Our room was spotless, had a lovely goody box of crisps, biscuits etc, there were toiletries provided in the bathroom, little thoughtfull extras that make a difference, the shower was hot & powerful. We chose the continental breakfast which was included in the price and was plentiful, we did not leave hungry! We will 100% stay here again when we next visit Brighton, thank you Marcus & Lee you are wonderful thoughtful hosts!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed at the Amherst with my mum, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, had a fab room, great location, even better atmosphere and service!! Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family