“Coffee for coffee aficionados”
Review of The Coffee Counter

The Coffee Counter
Ranked #13 of 65 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Coffee for coffee aficionados”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was on a day visit to Brighton last week and walked past this little coffee place in the Laines area. There seemed to be an interesting mix of people smiling and talking about how good the coffee was so I thought I'd give it a try. I am quite snobby about coffee and I've been let down numerous times by coffee places in London that claim to be good but that ultimately don't deliver. However, on this occasion, I ordered my usual soya flat white and it was one of the tastiest I've ever had. The aroma had depth and the coffee delivered a powerful caffeine hit that lasted all morning. I asked the friendly owner about the beans they use and apparently they tried out a huge number of different varieties before deciding on a blend that was created uniquely for them. This is coffee for coffee aficionados.

2 Thank DaytripperSW
hayden m, Owner at The Coffee Counter, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
At The Coffee Counter, we have great affection for Coffee Aficionados and were really happy to see your feedback. Since you posted, we have added a range of Vegan of cakes that we believe you would really enjoy too. Thank you kindly for your review. Please do drop by next time you're in Brighton.

• Korean first
“Amazing coffee!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Was walking home from the North lanes on Saturday and a guy came up, asked if I drink coffee and gave me a loyalty card while promoting this new coffee shop. I'd just had a coffee so thought I'll keep it in mind for next time I'm around there. Went there today with a mate and the coffee here is unbelievably good! It's quite a small place, hence the name 'coffee counter', so you can't really laze around drinking coffee all day but you would definitely struggle to find better coffee in Brighton. brilliant!

1 Thank Morgsjh
hayden m, Owner at The Coffee Counter, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
We are grateful that you came back to taste our Coffee, and delighted that you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for the review.
Confolens, France
“Best coffee in the City”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A small coffee shop with big plans in the future tucked away on the north west of Vine Street run by the delightful Mr D. Here the coffees are just the best and always double shot and made with care. The coffee bean formula has been made especially for the coffee counter and tastes wonderful. I have coffee all around Brighton and Hove but here it really is the best.

1 Thank Onestewart
hayden m, Owner at The Coffee Counter, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
The Coffee Counter would rather belatedly like to thank you for your kind review. We were particularly happy to read our first review on Trip Advisor, and to confirm our suspicions that we are serving great coffee.