“Great food”

Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Signalman combines the bustle and verve of a station pub with the friendliness and comfort of a traditional inn. Run by Ben Cole and his team, they'll be pleased to make your acquaintance and welcome you in. Whatever your tipple, you'll find it superior at the Signalman. Choose from a large selection of well kept local ales, quality lagers, wines and an assortment of draught and bottled ciders. When the sun is shining, sit and relax in our enclosed suntrap garden, indulge with a Pimm's and some home-cooked food. And for those colder days warm yourselves up by our roaring fire! Outdoor winter heaters mean you can still enjoy the fresh air come snow time, too. Why not visit our Library and unwind by reading one of our many books or choose from our extensive game selection to play with your friends? Plus with activities and stories for the kids you can stay all day. We also have a large TV screen for watching those important football, rugby, cricket or other games. Food served Monday - Thursday 12-3.30Pm, 6-10pm Friday/Saturday 12-10pm Sunday 12-5pm (or when roasts run out)
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great sunny beergarden and great food. More dishes to choose from than the normal pub dishes. recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Malene C

“BEST. ROAST. EVER.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I've had roast dinners all over Brighton, and this is by far head and shoulders above the rest. If you want a good, traditional British roast you definitely can't get any better than this place.

1 Thank CaptainStupidbeard
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday roasts”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I had the pork belly for my roast on a very sunny Sunday. Really good pork, would definitely have again. My partner had the roast beef which was also good. Great to sit in the sunny garden with a good cider too. Potatoes were not so great at tasted like they had been hanging around a bit long, but we didn't order til 3pm so I guess that's to be exspected. Sure I will visit again soon.

• Visited May 2014
brighton uk
“Good local with good food”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is my local so I go here a lot and have done since 1996. I sometimes yearn for the days when it was a crap pub and you more or less had the place to yourself. Nowadays it can get too busy for my liking. In terms of food that's gone up and down over the years. A few years ago I had the worst piece of tuna steak you could imagine. The grub is fairly 'normal', burgers etc but the burgers are really good quality. In fact that was what I wanted but at 9.15 they'd run out. They suggested the special curried ribs instead which I didn't really fancy from the board but went for it. Absolutely delicious! Two big racks of them, great sauce, really tender. And a chips and salad for the price of a hamburger. £9.Best meal I've had in a pub in a long time. There is football on sometimes so if you don't want a tellly avoid but I didn't find it intrusive - it was at a low volume and me and my friend had no problem talking and ignoring the football.

• Visited May 2014
“dull and tasteless food”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Had sausage and mash here. Complained to staff about the flavourless meal, they were not interested!

• Visited November 2013