“Not as Fab as name suggests!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fab Guest

Fab Guest
Ranked #16 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
Ilminster
“Not as Fab as name suggests!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Oh dear! I seem to be out of step with the other reviewers. It is undoubtedly a lovely place, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean but, I guess it just isn't the right place for me. I actually like being greeted by someone in person and although the system of giving you door & room code etc by text was very efficient with very friendly texts from Monique, I missed the personal touch of being welcomed.

I also found it to be rather expensive at £75 for a single room with no breakfast. I wouldn't have booked if I had realised there was no food! I also found the fact that there was no tea & coffee in the room very unsatisfactory in that I had to get showered and dressed in the morning before I could have a cup of tea! So although many things were lovely & the bed was super comfortable I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Avril C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I can only reiterate all that has been said previously. The Fab Guest has been decorated beautifully, it is clean and the rooms are well laid out. The owners are friendly and helpful providung us with suggestions on places to eat when asked. Instead of the tea & coffee being in the rooms it is located in a lovely downstairs sitting area which encourages guests to mix. Great idea it meant we got talking to others guests and swapped information instead of scurrying to our rooms. The guest house is near Kemp Town which is a lively and interesting area of Brighton and only took about 10 mins to walk to the Pavillion and the Lanes. All in all I thoroughly recommend staying here it will certainly enhance you visit to Brighton.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nel E
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a wonderful stay at Fab, the room was clean, beautifully furnished the showers we're awesome! The code key system is unique and works like a dream, if you always have your phone handy you never have to worry about forgetting your keys! The owners we're very welcoming, friendly and have seriously incredible taste in decor. I can't recommend staying here enough!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago for a two night stay. We had purchased a deal from an online voucher site and must say it was most definitely better than good value for money. The whole place was FAB!!! It was clean and decorated very well. The device is brilliant, you ask for something and its at your door within minutes. Definitely will be visiting again soon and the owner was a great host!!! Looking forward to our next visit to Brighton now. Breakfast was FAB! Afternoon tea was FAB! Out stay was FAB! ;)

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Bal15
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Can on reiterate the recent reviews , my wife and I stayed for a weekend in early March 2014 , Fab rooms, Fab breakfast, Fab location, Fab owners, Fab Guest House , lovely place to stay in Brighton ..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights. I bought a deal which included the two nights, one breakfast in bed and tea at a nearby tea room.
Our room was comfortable but small, and very modern.
No kettle in the room, but free tea and coffee provided downstairs. We were on the second floor.
Car parking can be quite a problem in Brighton as to park in many of the roads you need a Resident's parking permit.
We were e- mailed the code for our room and front door before we arrived.

Room Tip: Make sure you are able to climb the stairs!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Came to Fab for a weekend break and it has been an excellent weekend.

The hotel is very clean, well decorated and the owners and staff are very accommodating and friendly.

The hotel has no reception, which is great if you are arriving late and you will receive a code to enable you to access the house and your room. If you have any problems, you only need to send a text message and your problem will be sorted out.

The house has wifi, complimentary coffee and tea and you can access the tea and coffee anytime.

If you find stairs difficult, I would advice saying when you book as some of the rooms require a number of stairs. We stayed in Room 13 and the room was excellent. When we stay again we will book a kingsize room as we like more space.

We will be returning soon! We would recommend Fab to anybody, the location is excellent and you will receive a warm welcome.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple