“Fresh”
Review of Fab Guest

Fab Guest
Ranked #15 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here lately with a large group of friends.. We were amazingly impressed with how clean the whole places was.ive stayed in brighton a lot over the last 8 years and the Fab guest house is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. All 4 rooms that we booked we clean and fresh. The keypad entry system to the hotel and our room was brilliant. The owner was lovely and very helpful. It's not to far from the pier which was ideal for us all. We didn't have any trouble with noise and the rooms were beautiful with unique lighten to add that personal touch.. We will for sure be staying again and recommending it to all our
friends.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at Fab Guest with a friend. Our initial impression was good - the place really is quite cool and the keypad entry system worked well. We stayed in the basement room, which although beautifully decorated was unfortunately rather noisy. Not entirely sure that the bath is a good idea in such a small bedroom, especially with lack of storage. There really needs to be a decent sized mirror in the room, too. There was no plug socket for my hairdryer, near to the tiny mirror ! I didn't mind venturing up to the communal room for tea and coffee - but my friend was reluctant to shuffle around in her jammies. Unfortunately, on the second morning of our stay, we were rudely awoken extremely early by some kind of ' disturbance ' at the hotel. I ventured up to the communal room for our coffee, but felt rather uncomfortable as the room was full of several ' hungover ' chaps, who apparently had been involved with the ' disturbance '. My friend and I had been advised that this incident was a ' one off ' and that Fab doesn't accept large group bookings from same sex parties.
We were offered a discount on a future stay - although I don't ever stay at the same place twice.
Fab Guest is a lovely place to stay - but, I think it would benefit from tea and coffee in all rooms, better storage and practically placed mirrors !

Room Tip: Basement room a bit dark and noisy - although has funky lighting ! Noise from the street and the ro...
Reviewed 9 July 2014

got a great deal from Groupon , 2 nights B&B 1 morning breakfast and afternoon tea. We also arranged another breakfast, a late booking out and 2 days parking permits .. Its an unmanned hotel which was great for me as im not interested in the personal touch in hotels (unless its in the form of shampoos and conditioners and extra treats) .. Its a great hotel, superb decor. breakfast is booked in advance and delivered to your room at a time you choose and is wonderful (made by local tearooms metro tearooms) it was a little noisy because of laminate flooring outside our rooms ..but lights in bathroom are a surprise, the afternoon tea was wonderful and a great end to our weekend. keypad entry is great idea. as is being able to use kitchenette in lounge/diner.

Room Tip: top of the house would be the best as less footfall
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friends and I stayed here just this weekend gone and it was lovely! I liked the keypad entry system (saved a lot of worrying who was going to look after the key, as there was a group of 4 of us!) and the place itself had a very relaxed atmosphere. Other reviews had mentioned noise problems on occasion but given that my friend and I had a room downstairs, we rarely heard anyone walking past our door or up the stairs. Didn't even hear our other friends who were in the room above us!

If I had any criticism, it would be the lack of a large mirror in the room we had (number 4) so I was drying my hair blind, so to speak.

The bed was amazingly comfy and I don't know what type of duvet it was but it was light yet deeply warm.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and if I have my way, I will visit again before the year is out!

Room Tip: Take a fairly large hand-held mirror with you if you're going to be needing to dry your hair, as...
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent two nights at Fab Guest and we had a great experience. Excellent
position near the Brighton Pier, at walking distance from the city centre. Friendly staff, the girls who run it were always available to help; even when they were not at the b&b it was really easy to contact them. Modern room, it was clean and big enough. Not cheap, but for the environment and the service provided it's ok. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This little B&B close to the peer and to Brighton shops and restaurants is ran by two stunning and charismatic women (mother and daughter), who have made their place trendy but welcoming and homely. A few statement pieces scattered throughout, a non-invasive entry style (personal code for the door keypads so that you don't have to worry about the keys or any interaction with staff when you come back a bit squiffy)... The room was small (a twin, sharing with a friend) but lovely and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. My friend howeer complained bitterly about lack of sound-proofing (we did have the room by the front door and next to the communal sitting room). I guess this bit is subjective then...
I would have liked tea/coffee/water in the room, to save me coming out to the living room area with no makeup and a hangover, but it was actually quite sweet to chat with the few other guests over the coffee machine and fresh pastries in the morning. It was perfect for a weekend break but we would have struggled with putting away all our stuff had it been longer - there were only a few hangers on the wall. We were a bit taken aback when we arrived as there were no towels in the room (!) - but this was rectified immediately with one phone call and keeping in mind that the place is quite newly opened, the owners dealt with any small teething problems very swiftly and graciously, so it did not matter in the end. I will definitely use this place again on any future visits and do sincerely recommend it.
One thing: please put an extra mirror somewhere in the room so that we ladies can put our makeup on in a decent light! :-) Overall, we had a really lovely stay, thank you!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located by the front door or a communal area if you are a light sleeper.
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Fabulous decor, stunning rooms and very helpful staff,
My room was very trendy with some nice light features, and a very comfy bed. Thanks for the lovely stay!

Will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Brighton

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo