“A great, convenient place to stay”
Review of Brighton House

Brighton House
Ranked #13 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Bromley, United Kingdom
“A great, convenient place to stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I spent just one night a Brighton House, and the accommodation was booked by a friend on my behalf, so I had no idea what to expect, other than it being a B&B. I was surprised on arrival at the number of rooms (I was 44, up quite a lot of stairs which was no problem, but I was also surprised at how professional everything was. The whole setup was well thought through, comfortable and with very courteous staff.

I'd stayed out till the early hours, but I crept back in quietly with no problem. I slept here on a very warm night, but the windows opened properly, and I made use of the fan kept in the room. Also at the weekend, breakfast was served until 11am which seemed an appropriate time considering all the nightlife in Brighton!

All in all I'd definitely recommend Brighton House, and if staying in Brighton again I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review. We're glad that you'd return, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Great location near beach/pier/conf centre. Easily walkable from train station. Well kept rooms, helpful staff, great breakfast and all very reasonably priced. Complementary home made cake too was a nice extra as was fruit in the rooms.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. Please do come back and take advantage of our returning guest discount when you book direct.
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and pur room was smart and comfortable. Breakfast was beautifully presented and delicious! Mr Watts, the cat was also very friendly. The hotel is in a perfect location, near to the beach, bars and restaurants and the shopping centre.We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay at our guest house. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at Brighton house for 2 nights while attending a conference in Brighton and the stay did not disappoint, attention was excellent and the breakfast spread is very good. I stayed in one of the single rooms at the top of the hotel and the other reviewers were not wrong regarding the last two flights of steps, it can be a tiring trip up. Room and bed were very comfortable and for a business trip, serves the purpose. Coffee and a variety of teas and fruits are provided in the room so there is no need to get back down. Wifi internet and TV in the room.
Organic cake was delicious and so was the breakfast every morning. I will definitively come back when on business in Brighton.
Hotel is a short walking distance from city centre and the pier, and if just 10-15 minutes away from the train station.
The only drawback (and it is not the fault of the hotel) is that I got awakened every morning by the noise of the Seagulls and the shattering of glass from the recycling truck at 6:30am from the bar that is behind the hotel, but as I needed to wake up early anyway, I did not mind much and as I said, not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: If getting a single room, be prepared that there are 6 flights of stairs to them so be prepared for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We're all glad you enjoyed your stay at Brighton House and we hope you'll return next time you're in Brighton, be it business or pleasure. Don't forget to book direct and make use of your 10% returning guest discount!
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is our third visit which kind of says it all. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is always home made cake in the hall in case you fancy a slice. The rooms have been refurbished and are genteel. Be aware though if you do not fancy a mountainous Trek to the top floor ( my estimate of 75 steps) then make a point of saying so. The tea in the room is specialist tea which I loved but my husband longed for an ordinary cup of tea. The breakfast is continental apart from boiled eggs but it is the best "cold" breakfast including Buck's Fizz at the weekend I have ever had. I love this establishment and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: As I have said enquire what floor you are on if climbing stairs is an issue
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thanks for writing a positive review. We're glad that you've decided to keep returning to us when you visit Brighton, and that you're pleased with what we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent Friday to Sunday at the Brighton House, back in February. We upgraded our room to a four poster and were very impressed. The room was huge, great big high ceilings and the decor was beautiful. The large bathroom had a free-standing bath and plenty of light. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff, including Mr. Watts the cat, and on arrival there was homemade cake to help yourself too. Plenty of literature and leaflets in the hallway for your stay and very central to everything, less than 1 minute to the beach. The locally sourced, organic breakfast was served in a very cosy dining area. Will definitely be returning and would highly recommend. Many thanks

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
We're all glad you enjoyed your stay at Brighton House and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a single room for one night as I had a meeting the next morning in town. I had a very friendly greeting on arrival, check in was smooth, helpful information was given.
My room was a small single, which I expected as I had booked the 'budget' single. The shower room was compact but clean and with toiletries supplied. The room it self was spotless, with a selection of teas, including fruit teas, coffees, etc, and biscuits, apples and oranges.
Downstairs in the hallway was a lovely looking cake with a note to guests to help themselves (I didn't as. I don't eat cake, but wished I did!), there was also a basket full of a variety of phone charges with a note telling guests to take one and use it if they had forgotten their own.
Breakfast was amazing, I have stayed in 5* hotels around the world and can honestly say this was one of the best breakfast buffet selections I have seen.
Mr. Watts the cat stuck his head in the room while I was having breakfast, and I hoped he wouldn't come in to the room as. I am allergic to cats, but he didn't. When I went back upstairs he was sat in the hallway looking bored.
I have stayed in various hotels in Brighton over the last few years, but will always stay here now on any future visits to the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. Mr Watts can often sneak his way into the breakfast room but knows he isn't allowed! We are all really glad you will be joining us again when yo next come to Brighton. Remember to book direct with us to receive your returning guest discount.