“Brighton House - Lovely”
Review of Brighton House

Brighton House
Ranked #14 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a lovely place to stay, staff very friendly, rooms very clean & tidy and cosy.

Breakfast was fantastic - everything you could possibly want for a Continental Breakfast - recommend the fresh fruit and home made natural yoghurt.

Even met the residential cat!!!! who was friendly too.

Would recommend a stay here - and central to everything you need.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brighton-House, Owner at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words in your review. We (including Mr Watts) are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forwards to seeing you again in the future.
Yours sincerely, The Brighton House

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one evening at Brighton House. I wanted something cheap and cheerful but I would say I got more. I found the booking on a bargain site. It was a couple of pounds more than some of it's competitors but that was worth it for the ensuite. The room was a basic single but it was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The ensuite was also fine with a good working shower. There were plenty of towels and tea and coffee facilities. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated and a lot of care had been taken in it's upkeep. The big surprise was the breakfast which was included. A lovely buffet with something for everyone and Louis Armstrong playing in the background! While no negatives some other plusses were free broadband, lemon drizzle cake to help yourself to, and a cute hotel cat called Mr Watts...

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: May 2014
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Now I am REALLY fussy and REALLY hard to please, but I would come back to Brighton House without hesitation! It was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfy, and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. And how could I forget to mention the breakfasts?! Awesome. I wouldn't have changed a thing :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words. We are please you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us too. It is always nice to hear!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I spent just one night a Brighton House, and the accommodation was booked by a friend on my behalf, so I had no idea what to expect, other than it being a B&B. I was surprised on arrival at the number of rooms (I was 44, up quite a lot of stairs which was no problem, but I was also surprised at how professional everything was. The whole setup was well thought through, comfortable and with very courteous staff.

I'd stayed out till the early hours, but I crept back in quietly with no problem. I slept here on a very warm night, but the windows opened properly, and I made use of the fan kept in the room. Also at the weekend, breakfast was served until 11am which seemed an appropriate time considering all the nightlife in Brighton!

All in all I'd definitely recommend Brighton House, and if staying in Brighton again I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review. We're glad that you'd return, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great location near beach/pier/conf centre. Easily walkable from train station. Well kept rooms, helpful staff, great breakfast and all very reasonably priced. Complementary home made cake too was a nice extra as was fruit in the rooms.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Please do come back and take advantage of our returning guest discount when you book direct.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and pur room was smart and comfortable. Breakfast was beautifully presented and delicious! Mr Watts, the cat was also very friendly. The hotel is in a perfect location, near to the beach, bars and restaurants and the shopping centre.We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay at our guest house. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at Brighton house for 2 nights while attending a conference in Brighton and the stay did not disappoint, attention was excellent and the breakfast spread is very good. I stayed in one of the single rooms at the top of the hotel and the other reviewers were not wrong regarding the last two flights of steps, it can be a tiring trip up. Room and bed were very comfortable and for a business trip, serves the purpose. Coffee and a variety of teas and fruits are provided in the room so there is no need to get back down. Wifi internet and TV in the room.
Organic cake was delicious and so was the breakfast every morning. I will definitively come back when on business in Brighton.
Hotel is a short walking distance from city centre and the pier, and if just 10-15 minutes away from the train station.
The only drawback (and it is not the fault of the hotel) is that I got awakened every morning by the noise of the Seagulls and the shattering of glass from the recycling truck at 6:30am from the bar that is behind the hotel, but as I needed to wake up early anyway, I did not mind much and as I said, not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: If getting a single room, be prepared that there are 6 flights of stairs to them so be prepared for...