“Fine for a one night stay”
Review of Beach Hotel

Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We booked the hotel on Late Rooms for a one night stay. The staff were friendly and our room was pretty clean (there was a small stain on the cover).

The 11am check out time was warmly welcomed as we did not come back until the early hours. I think we probably left the room around 12 and were not pestered at all.

It could probably use a bit of a tlc but it should be expected with these old sea front hotels.

For £50 it was a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beach Hotel

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Just come back from 2 night stay in room nr 12.
Had a splendid time.
Would like to thank you to the wonderful team at the hotel.
Especially to the Night Porter on November 5/6 and the very helpful Lay at the reception on November 6.
We will definitely come back :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justyna1903
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We asked for a double bed, and we received 4 beds, 2 singles and.... 2 singles like a double bed!!! No option to change the room!! Very big bathroom. Very good breakfast, lots of choices! We are not coming back!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Just came back from a one night stay and really not impressed. Rooms and hotel generally very run down, bathroom very tired although shower did work quite well and was hot! The corridors and rooms smelt musty - Yuk! So glad we were not staying any longer, really would not recommend. The breakfast was self serve and extremely limited, we had tea plates, not dinner plates for the English breakfast! The location was good though, the only plus point.

Room Tip: Don't bother, look elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Just come back from a nights stay, and wouldn't want to stay any longer, rooms were very tired looking, worn out and ripped carpets, our toilet took forever to fill up, our bedroom door didn't lock, I will say the bed linen was very clean, breakfast was average. On the plus side the location is very good, and NCP parking right outside.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulandally_1
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed for three nights in September.
Small hotel, but location is excellent.
Decor is badly in need of renovation.
Room was large, but dated. Towel rail in bathroom was on constantly (and set to scalding hot) with no way to turn off. No hot water when we arrived at 4:00 pm, in fact there was not really any hot water in the bathroom for our entire stay. The shower was a miracle - a shower and bath in one (not by design, but by accident as the shower tray had been installed the wrong way round so there was a large cold puddle in there all the time!)
Breakfast was included, however, it wasn't very nice. Really cheap ingredients - it is hard to get bacon wrong, but these guys managed it. Scrambled egg came in one bowl, and it was a case of one slice or two.
Overall, the location and view (right opposite the derelict west Pier) were excellent. The rest left quite a bit to be desired.
Wouldn't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andi-Tony
Reviewed 15 September 2012

After spending the day in Brighton in August 2012, I made a last-minute decision to stay overnight. I walked around checking availability of a few hotels but being a boiling hot weekend all the ones I tried (apart from the VERY expensive ones) were fully booked. I went into the Beach Hotel at around 4pm and was told they had one room available at a cost of £105 for the night for B+B which wasn't cheap but I decided to book it anyway as it was in such a great location right on the front. Although the public areas of the hotel were very shabby and the lift was a bit scary (old & creaky and only big enough for 2 people!) the room itself was quite pleasant and had a view side-on to the beach, and there were tea & coffee making facilities. The bathroom looked new and toiletries were provided.

As I was about to go to bed at around 11.30pm I realised that there was a problem with the door to my room and I couldn't lock it. I rang down to reception and the girl came up straight away. She was SO helpful and, being a female on my own, she understood my concern so she said she'd call the manager who had gone home for the night. After speaking to him she came back up to my room and said that the manager had agreed to come all the way back to the hotel to fix the problem with my door, which he did. I was very impressed with the concern shown by the night receptionist and by Toumi the manager. Whilst chatting to him he did mention that sometimes guests on stag or hen nights can cause problems when they get very drunk and apparently on one occasion a group staying there on a stag w/end rampaged through the hotel causing a lot of damage and disturbance. Fortunately for me on the night I was there, there were 2 stag and 2 hen groups staying at the hotel but they were very quiet and considerate, so I guess it all depends on what the other guests are like as to what your experience would be.

Breakfast was perfectly adequate, although I only had the continental so can't comment on the cooked breakfast. I was not impressed with the staff in the dinning room at breakfast, however, as they just stood smirking at me and made no attempt to be helpful, I think a bit of training wouldn't go amiss... The check-out time of 11a.m is great as it allows plenty of time to have breakfast and pack.

The hotel manager Toumi & the evening receptionist made me feel really well cared for and for that reason (plus it is in such a great location!) I would definitely return to the hotel, I might choose to stay during the week though to avoid any unruly stag or hen groups!

For info: I had a fantastic Sunday lunch at the Thistle hotel just along the road from the Beach hotel, just £9.95 for 2 courses (eat as much as you like) in their superb modern dining room which faces onto the seafront. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo