“The worst stay i have had in a hotel in the Uk”

The Brighton Beach Hotel
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 22 November 2012

How do i start well i arrive it is very windy and wet i park my car and step inside i am greeted by a pleasent male receptionist who informs me yes we have your booking and that will be another fifteen pounds for parking well to say i'm gobsmacked would be an understatement i ask are you having a laugh he replies no that is the cost it is in the small print. My wife booked the hotel and she could not see anything about parking charges he says to me well sir it is very small.
I am then shown to my room which just happens to be in the basement with window so high up you can lay on the bed and watch the publics ankles as they walk by well back to the small print the room must have been in it it was cold lifeless in fact the hotel could do with being closed and totally refurbished the corridors are small i dont think the dining room has seen a lick of paint for a while.
Breakfast what would sir like tea or coffee i would like a POT of tea please i am served half a cup i ask for a full english after about twenty minutes it arrives well i have eaten better breakfast on the motorways of england it was disgusting.
The only good part of my stay happened to be me losing my wedding ring down a hole behind the sink and the nice male reception clerk and the maintenance man got it back i am very grateful to these two people.

Room Tip: Being in the basement where the victorian maids lived was quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I booked this hotel as was due to attend a conference in the Hilton, work opted for me to stay in a cheaper hotel. Habing attended a conference in a Best Western the week before I thought it would be nice. The single room I had was very much a small single room but fine and functioning. The lift was not working so meant carrying our bags, fine for me but not so good for my collegaue who was on the 4th floor. Staff offered to carry bags upstairs but weren't so helpful in bringing them down.The hotel needs a real make over and updating as is looking tired.The breakfast was good and the staff were nice. The interlinking phones didnt work, nor did the one of the toaster for breakfast. We didn't park but was shocked to see that they charged £15 if you wished to park outside the hotel. Expected much more from this chain!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great little hotel, good value and a very good breakfast. Hotel staff are great with a really easy check in. No problems with regard to payment. The Regency Restaurant is next door so we had some fantastic sea food here.

The rooms are large and very clean and quite up to date. However, the communal areas are lookig rather tired.

Really enjoyed our stay here and would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GentlemanHellraiser
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Went for a weekend break with the fella, situated on the beach front and was great location. Parking is a bit of an issue as there is only a small car park out the front, so we payed to park our car on the sea-front - from memory I think it was £12 each day. Room was tiny, but for us it wasn't a problem - the room was clean and had fresh sheets and tea/coffee. We stayed on the first floor next to the lift shaft and it is very very noisy, but again for us this wasn't a problem as we are deep sleepers but some might find it annoying! If your looking to spend a lot of time in your room or a romantic getaway I would choose somewhere else but Overall for somewhere to get your head down and be in the centre of town you cant beat it. Great choice of breakfast too in a quaint little breakfast room with a view of the sea-front.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view room and not one by the lift!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michellef1
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Me and my friend came to Brighton for a clubbing holiday and this place was great. Very cheap, with decent beds, a nice breakfast (full english or continental) and a fantastic power shower. Oh and free parking, a major plus. Which was brilliant, we left our car there as the town centre and the beach was all within walking distance.
We did however have an alleyway view and a broken wardrobe but we didn't really care for these. If I came for a family holiday however, my parents probably wouldn't have been too pleased! But if you're literally looking for a roof over your head and a budget stay that is COMFORTABLE then I would highly recommend Brighton Beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sayzillah
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed from 1 October and checked out on 4 October and attended a conference at the Brighton Centre on the Monday and Tuesday. I wasn't bothered about the £160 fine if you left without returning the key as I suspect the hotel has had past problems and no doubt caused alot of inconveinance and money so I think the fine gives the incentive to return the keys. My room was a single and it was very comforable. There was some noise but that wasn't the hote's faultl. I don't like showers but I was able to move the shower head around myself so avoding my hair which I had down at my home town hair dresser. The brekfast was self service and hot and I found the staff helpful. I would stay about and for £40 a night I thought it good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Tina P
Reviewed 16 August 2011

myself and my partner was woken at round 3am to 16 stag night thugs on a rampage in the hotel after getting no reply from reception for management we opened the door to be instantly beaten by the group with bottles the police arrested and evicted them The management did not show any concern and did not visit us in our blood soaked room ,on leaving we spoke to the management who said the group was a problem from when they first checked in and was threatened by the group ! we then asked for a refund to be told they do not accept responsibility we was left badly beaten because they let 16 drunk thugs into 2 rooms

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple