“Faultless service, perfect* (*for me)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alvia Hotel

Alvia Hotel
Ranked #20 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
“Faultless service, perfect* (*for me)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Mark provided a fantastic service and was friendly and helpful before I'd even checked in. Parking was organised for my trip down and whilst I couldn't check in when I arrived (at 9am, I had driven down to attend a conference) I was told which room would be mine and my bags were ready waiting for me in my room in the afternoon when I returned. In the morning I'd been given a front door key and my room keys were left for me as discussed. The room was clean and comfortable, bijoux but I didn't need a big room to rattle around in. The bed was very comfortable, with extra pillows and bedding available if you needed it. The only improvement I'd make would be to have fans available as the room did get hot and there wasn't much breeze. That said I didn't actually ask for one so maybe a lesson for me there. Breakfast was delicious, prompt but unhurried. Big eaters hoping for a belly buster will be disappointed but good value isn't always about quantity. I'd more than happily visit the Alvia again should I find myself in Brighton again as the service was second to none.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks for your kind remarks and I'm pleased your stay here was enjoyable. We normally describe the room you had as 'compact' - perhaps 'bijoux' is a better description! You're right about breakfast - we believe that quality is better than quantity and use only local ingredients. If anyone asks for extras, however, we are happy to provide them.

I hope your journey home wasn't too arduous and that we see you again.

best wishes

Mark & Pierre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a wonderful break in Brighton with my missus so she could relive her university days. The hotel was in an excellent location just a short walk for everything. The manager was friendly and efficient. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was actually more comfortable than the one we have at home! The breakfast was delicious and the service was first class.

Unfortunately we missed the opportunity to meet Fred the dog but hopefully when we return to Brighton and stay here again (we will definitely be using this hotel again) we can meet him then.

If you fancy a quiet drink with friendly staff JW Lennons is a good old fashioned pub just around the corner from the hotel. We also took Marks recommendation and ate at "the Bristol" pub and found it to be excellent.

A great weekend break made that little bit more special by the high quality of the hotel and owners recommendations.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Shut the windows at night because the seagulls really love the sound of their own voices in the morn...
1 Thank Daniel P
brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi Daniel

Thanks very much for your positive feedback; I'm really pleased that you both enjoyed yourselves and that your wife had such a good trip down memory lane. Sorry you didn't get to see Fred - he was on a sleep over with a friend - but I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you next time you come to Brighton. And I'm afraid there's not much we can do about the seagulls!

Take care and I hope we see you again

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here on July 12th for 1 night. Great location, very clean and comfortable, breakfast was lovely and David was a fantastic host. Lots to do in Brighton and an ideal escape from work and children!
Will definitely book again :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for your kind remarks. I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet you but am pleased that David was so helpful - I have forwarded your comments to him. Hope fully we will get to see you when you next come to Brighton.

Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely clean, quiet,well decorated b&b well situated close to all of Brightons must see places, Mark, the owner, did everything he could to make our stay as easy and comfortable as possible, with tips and advice to get the most out of our stay. Breakfast was a pleasure to eat, consisting of quality ingredients ,served hot by Mark himself, who can only be described as a gentleman and perfect host.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Wayne

It's really kind of you to be so positive and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope we see you both again soon.

Best wishes,

Goole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

nice pleasant affordable b&b close to the pier and beach and 10 minute walk to the shopping centre and the lanes
rooms are nice n comfy and mark the owner was very helpful on suggesting places to eat
would stay again if traveling to brighton

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi

Thanks for your kind remarks and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope we see you again next time you come to Brighton.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice quiet affordable B&B close to the pier in Brighton. The owner is friendly and helpful. I had the small double room which is...yes...small, so exactly as advertised. The bed is huge and really comfortable.

Negative...
Can't comfortably watch telly from bed. The angle at which the telly is mounted against the wall is wrong so when you lie down and watch telly the picture is shadowy.

Otherwise...thanks for the good coffee, orange juice and breakfast. I had a lovely stay

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just had the weekend at the Alvia what a lovely place. Very clean and the facillities are well thought out. Breakfast was yummy and we looked forward to Freddys visit in the morning, he's definately an asset :). Perfect location within walking distance of everything.

Would definately return next visit to Brighton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Julie H
brightonianm, Owner at Alvia Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Julie

Thanks for your kind remarks. We all enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again.