“Quaint, full of charm highly recommend”
Review of Colson House

Colson House
and 1 more site!
Colson House
Ranked #67 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Quaint, full of charm highly recommend”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

what a lovely place, stayed for two nights with my husband. very clean tidy room , decent size with en suite . Very welcoming and friendly, breakfast was great also which was included in the price which was very good value for the whole of our stay, would definitely stay again . Great location close to pier and not far from lanes etc. A big thankyou for making us feel so welcome...

Room Tip: rooms based on past filmstars would be satisfied with any room all very high standard. suited for so...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank sharon g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My Partner and I came across this place and from the moment we booked we never looked back. There are pictures of every room (which all of them are high standard) so you know your guaranteed a decent room no matter what. They were always available by email to help us with anything we enquired about big or small, and that's before we even arrived.

When we got there they were so friendly and welcoming you felt comfortable as soon as you arrived, they couldn't do enough for you to make your stay enjoyable. They had very good knowledge of the area and could direct you to almost anywhere or anything you wanted.

As for the room we had it was very clean, very tasteful and stylish. We thought we were in for a good deal when we saw how good the rooms were on the pictures, but they were even better in reality!

We would defiantly book here again as having a good place to stay is key to the making of your trip, and this being a great just made our trip all the better. I challenge anyone to regret ever booking and staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nk1South
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spend two nights in Colson House and was very satisfied. The hotel is in a great location, close to the main shopping area, pavilion and the pier. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom wasn't great, as the door didn't close properly and the waterpressure was very low, which meant the toilet didn't flush properly and the shower wasnt very good.

The staff was friendly and breakfast was very enjoyable. All in all it was a good hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fleur T
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was our first time in Brighton and we loved it. We found Colson house a very welcoming place to stay with clean, tidy rooms. The location is superb and remarkably quiet for being so close to the beach. All in all, we had a very pleasant experience here for our four night stay. Compared to other guest houses Colson House offers a competitive rate. We would definately stay here again. I left my bag (with my house keys inside) in the room after checking out and they were very prompt to return this to me for free.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LandR2013
Pennsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Literally got out there as soon as possible, and moved into a new b and b within 12 hours, horrific place.
The rooms are genuinely filthy, and the staff were just beyond rude, disrespectful and I don't think this place deserves any stars let alone 4, this was one trip advisor where the reviews have failed me, and wasted my time greatly. Premier inn over this hole anyday.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tiny B
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Very pretty, modern and clean rooms.
Good breakfast, nice hosts.
Central but quite position. Close to shops and bus routes.
(Don't remember about the internet connection to be honest:)
I would reccomend this place and I think I would choose it again for my stayed in Brighton.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Valsi26
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The rudest managers I have EVER spoken too...the room was worse than a hostel....I'd rather never visit Brighton than have to stay there again. Totally ruined my weekend to the point I was calling up other hotels to see if I could get out of there...I have never left a review on here before, so please take this seriously!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business