“Hidden Gem”

Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar
Ranked #4 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: German, Pizza, Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the first Photo Design Cafe Bar in the UK. We are a little independent business that merges creative design ideas with creative dining. Open for coffee and delicious cakes till 9:30pm. Dining menu is available from 4pm ( Tuesday-Friday) and from 12:00pm onwards on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch menu is available Thursday-Friday from 11am-3pm. Due to occasional private hire of our little venue, the opening hours may vary from week to week, so it is best to give us a call, drop us an email or check our website to see the current the opening times. Our fully licensed restaurant will take you on a journey of different flavours from different countries. We are not on a fine-dining scene, but all our food is home-made and beautifully presented so our dishes will not only please your eye but also please your appetite. We are a dog friendly place so all well behaved dogs are welcome. As we often hold private parties/functions/photo sessions, the opening hours to the public can depend on our availability. Children are welcome until 6pm. Hope to see you soon and make sure you give us a call to reserve a table. Check our website to see the current the opening times.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose this restaurant based on the almost perfect reviews and we were not dissapointed. The venue is small and intimate with old black and white movies running. The ladies running things are possibly the friendliest people I have met that run a restaurant. They are passionate about what they are doing and this comes accross in everything they do.

The menu could be described as unusual with a mixture of dishes from around the world. We had starters that were completely new to us, poached pear cover in melted goats cheese was perhaps the nicest surprise. The lamb steak was massive and very tender. All our dishes were explained to us in detail to the point of how they had evolved.

The house wine is excellent and very good value.

All in all an enjoyable experience in informal surroundings. We picked a quiet night, but it won't be long before you have to book in advance as I am sure that many will want to try the refreshingly different food.

There are newer reviews for Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food was delicious and presented beautifully - I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great, owners are very lovely and friendly, felt like at home. I loved Mr. Shadow, he was great company :)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I really enjoyed eating here, lovely setting, staff were very friendly and accommodating and I can recommend the steak! A lovely meal here.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Having been a customer for around six months I thought it about time to write a review!

The eclectic menu suits any palate, whether you're wanting a light snack at lunchtime or something social between you, personal favourites to share for me are the pizzaladiere with extra tomato sauce and the 'little hooves' polish dumplings in a pesto rocket and sun dried tomato sauce ( which I force people to try whenever I order them)

Other highlights for me have been the fish cakes with a whole grain mustard sauce on wilted spinach, the polish sausage with chips and salad,and a stonking ribeye steak cooked just how I like it, next up for me to try will be the lamb steaks!

Friends have visited with their children who like the food options particularly the pizzaladiere and enjoyed meeting mr shadow.(who wouldn't?)

I often drop by for a coffee and end up staying for dinner as the food is so good, the cakes and puddings are always interesting and very moorish.

The owners are lovely and very passionate about the food and photography, happy to chat about either I find and I've eaten more adventurously as a result.

Well now I've finished singing the witchez praises I want you to bring your friends along, but only the ones you really like, as once they've been here once, they'll never want to leave!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just back from another fab evening in this delightfully quirky hidden little gem right on Brighton's sea front. Gorgeous food, wonderful owners and Mr Shadow was happy to be fussed over! A firm favourite for sure!