All reviews room was clean plenty of tea coffee comfortable sleep kemp town area single room convenient location stayed here for two nights short break good size nice stay pier revellers
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Lovely warm welcome. The room was clean and had all I needed for my trip. I was able to get work done on the free wifi. Breakfasts was very tasty. made my trip very enjoyable. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hamptons B, Owner at Hamptons Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Well-located on a nice square close to the sea and the pier, and the lady who seems to manage it and cook breakfast is very friendly. However the hotel is nothing special. The building is in an ok state but not exceptional, with creaking floorboards, dirty windows, dusty corners and curtains, and a slightly stale/greasy air permeating the corridor.

Cleanliness was acceptable (clean bed, sheets, hoovered room) but not fantastic (bed cover had stains on it, as did a towel). Also, the first floor room we were in had large single glazed sash windows, which was great for letting in a lot of light and giving us a sea view, but also meant we were woken up a few times by noisy people passing down the street outside on a Friday night.

Overall not a bad place and we had a decent stay, but given the price we paid (over a weekend) I wouldn't say it's very far above average either.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 263Chris10000
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I experienced an appalling night’s stay at the Hampton and one that could have been so much better with only a small amount of effort; an unforgettable experience for all the wrong reasons and a hotel I suggest you stay away from.

The fact is that this hotel is poorly managed and the members of staff obviously work as little as they can for their pay.

The check in was torturous; I was clearly an inconvenience who was to be dealt with in the shortest time possible; the first sign that the manager and staff did not care.

I had requested a room on a low floor however I was allocated one on the very top of the house; the manager did not even offer to assist with my luggage.

The room was a small ‘en suite’ single; the bathroom was split between two cupboards one with the shower and basin and the other cupboard housed the toilet.

The room did not have anywhere to sit other than the bed and the television even though it was new did not have the majority of the free view channels you would expect, I had to clean the remote it was so caked in grease etc.

The room had a strong odour and I soon realised that the carpet was soaking wet with a brown liquid; tried to summon the manager via the telephone in the room however this did not work.

The manager came and was full of false apology; gave me two options, one to check out, the other to stay and he would refund some money and give me some towels to walk on. The later was the only option I could take as I was due in a meeting in twenty minutes; why did he not offer to vacuum the carpet, change the now stained duvet cover, I am not sure?

I also noticed later that room was covered in dust and the pillows heavily stained and very old, the duvet was also old.

The noise from other guests was evident throughout the night and not assisted by the thin walls and doors that slammed shut with ease.

Breakfast was in a dirty dining room; right next to a pile of dirty linen which had been there at check in. I worry at the state of the kitchen. The food was poor quality, the ingredients swimming in grease on the plate; totally inedible.

The small partial refund of ten pounds did not even cover the cost of the dry cleaning of the suit trouser which I later found were stained by the brown liquid from the carpet.

The manager should be ashamed of how he runs the hotel and of his staff who clearly care very little about the hotel or guests.

It’s simple enough to provide a clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay for travellers however this is not the case here. I cannot recommend the hotel in fact I hope you do not stay here as they do not deserve your custom; much better places to stay on the same road for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 20 May 2016

lovely hotel, Tara was so polite and friendly, and cooked a lovely breakfast. The room was very clean, with lovely bedding, and very spacious. The bathroom also very clean. will stay again when we go to brighton

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad you enjoyed it at the Hamptons!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Really good place to stay and great value. Staff very friendly; room clean and comfy, and the breakfast was excellent. In a fab location too. Highly recommended.

The room was immaculate and the entire place clean and tidy throughout. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

I stayed for one night while cycling the South Downs Way.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your kind words Carl!