“absolutely disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Heathers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Heathers
Ranked #91 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“absolutely disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

I've been there during one month and a half to study an english course.
The second week I saw that I had bites on my body. Some days after, I found bedbugs in my bed. I told the manager and I asked for a change of mattress. She said no.
After that moment, the manager was very rude with us and It was very disgusting for us to sleep in those conditions.
I'd never recommend this hotel because my stay there was very awful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

I picked this Hotel because of it's superb location, and the rates seemed reasonable for a single room bed and breakfast. Before making my online booking I had read some derrogatory reviews but decided to ignore them as I thought surely the owners would have heeded and rectified.

My welcome on arrival was friendly and re-assuring by someone named Girlie, but I noticed how basic and shabby looking reception area was and should have been on my guard. However I was alloted a ground floor room - appreciated - and was in the adjoining house. I was then asked to pay the balance for my stay (£288 for 9 nights or £32 night) which I did by credit card, and was then given my room key. I thought it strange that it was the same key for room and front door. However, when I saw the room I was amazed how "basic" it was. Divan bed with a massive green headboard, a rail for hanging clothes, lower part of rack had "hospitality tray" balanced on it, no other furniture, no ensuite facilities. window covered by pull up blind of sorts.

I immediately went back to Reception and complained that I had booked a room with facilities and was told that facilities did not mean a shower and toilet. Rubbish! Facilities have always, unless specifically stated, included a shower, even if it means sharing toilet. The receptionist was unable to offer me an alternative single room but hinted there might be a larger room - not single - at an enhanced cost. I was not prepared to pay more and demanded my money back which, after a struggle, I managed to get - albeit I was forced to pay for that Saturday.

Fortunately I was able to book into another hotel just round the corner in an even better position, single room with shower and toilet - all for £25 night inc breakfast. So even by changing hotels and losing original deposit plus one night's charge - it was cheaper in the other hotel! So fellow travellers remember to check on booking exactly what you are going to get - and then view the room before paying.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

London, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I visited Brighton for the long Bank hol and stayed in The Heathers. I was very disappointed to find that the rooms were nothing like the pictures advertised and made up of double bunk beads! The price is expensive if you consider what you are paying for but the actual hotel is more of a hostel. The room wasnt clean and the toilet didnt flush properly, and the walls are paper thin and as we were situated by the door we got very little sleep-extremely disappointing!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

I have just returned from a Stag Weekend with six friends and stayed at the Heathers for two nights. After reading some of the reviews we were a little concerned however on arrival we were delighted.

Our room was very clean and spacious with a great little en-suite bathroom with shower. The breakfast was great and they kept us topped up with Toast, Orange Juice and a huge full English breakfast. The staff were really polite and friendly and worked hard to make you feel welcome.

For what we required the hotel was great and I would go again. If your travelling in a group and intend on spending your days/nights enjoying Brighton stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Cheltenham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

Twenty of us stayed here in January and I have to say it was absolutely perfect. We had interlinking rooms with bunk beds and could make as much noise as we wanted. It's only a short walk into town and the facilities were sufficient. I can't comment on the breakfast as we went to a local Cafe. If you want a quality hotel for you and the family or with your wife/girlfriend then don't go here. If it's a break in a cheap hotel by the sea with your mates this place will not disappoint.

• Stayed January 2010
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

we had booked 5 twin rooms, and (stupidly) paid in advance. £35 per head B&B. we were shown to our room, best described as a dorm, about 18ft sq, with 8 beds in it. all the bedds squeeked when leant on, and 2 were broken. the window was broken. the shower did not work. the carpet had holes in it. the key to our room opened 3 other rooms too. (curiousity and concern re security). staff when we found them, were rude. breakfast was disgusting. even the fruit juice was sour. half our group left, one went straight home, the others found alternative accomodation. this is positively the worst hotel I have had the mis fortune th stay in. avoid like the plague.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Bucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

Let me start by saying I have never written a review in my life! However, after reading these reviews before I went on my stag do I was a little worried to say the least. I can say that they are all very harsh. The rooms were clean and tidy and the owners polite, friendly and speak perfect english. Yes there were bunk beds and rooms of 4 & 5 but at this price what do you expect! OK, the breakfast wasn't the best but good enough, other than those sausages - STOP serving those sausages! As my title says, perfect for a stag do but definately wouldn't take the missis!

• Stayed November 2009