“Never again...”
Review of The Heathers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Heathers
Ranked #87 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Never again...”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The group of 3 of us stayed in one of the front rooms. Could barely breathe in the room due to the radiators being on full blast (IN JUNE!) as soon as we walked in, we had to (with huge struggle) push the windows up so we could get some air in there. We had to leave the door open for a bit as well, It was scorching. We went to speak to the lady who checked us in, to see if there was something we could do to turn the heating down in the room. She answered with a very simple 'No. We leave it at that' and that was all.

After trying to get to sleep on VERY uncomfy beds, we were awoken at 3am, to some drunk outside our window (window was open of course due to heat.. which we were very unsure about because of security as we were on the ground floor) shouting at the top of his lungs for the lady to open the door to let him in. He was VERY loud. Swearing/talking loud to someone on his phone/banging the door. It was horrendous. Went on for about an hour or more. Thank god we only stayed the 1 night, and then moved on to Travelodge Seafront. Never ever again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank WelshBunnie

Reviewed 17 October 2010

Arrived to find my double room was a twin. Complained to reception who kindly came up and zipped beds together to form one uncomfortable double., the mattresses were cheap and nasty very slack basically your laying on springs. Very basic room a rail as a wardrobe, a broken blind and cracked dirty basin.. Filthy bathroom floor and dirty bedroom with condom wrappers next to bed.. Worst place ive ever stayed not worth £80. Best part was breakfast and checking out. ADVOID

• Stayed October 2010

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Wellington
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This B & B is way over rated. The rooms were tiny and very basic; if you were lucky you could find room to walk around the bed. The basin was broken and the blind was broken. The breakfast was fine.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I've been there during one month and a half to study an english course.
The second week I saw that I had bites on my body. Some days after, I found bedbugs in my bed. I told the manager and I asked for a change of mattress. She said no.
After that moment, the manager was very rude with us and It was very disgusting for us to sleep in those conditions.
I'd never recommend this hotel because my stay there was very awful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I picked this Hotel because of it's superb location, and the rates seemed reasonable for a single room bed and breakfast. Before making my online booking I had read some derrogatory reviews but decided to ignore them as I thought surely the owners would have heeded and rectified.

My welcome on arrival was friendly and re-assuring by someone named Girlie, but I noticed how basic and shabby looking reception area was and should have been on my guard. However I was alloted a ground floor room - appreciated - and was in the adjoining house. I was then asked to pay the balance for my stay (£288 for 9 nights or £32 night) which I did by credit card, and was then given my room key. I thought it strange that it was the same key for room and front door. However, when I saw the room I was amazed how "basic" it was. Divan bed with a massive green headboard, a rail for hanging clothes, lower part of rack had "hospitality tray" balanced on it, no other furniture, no ensuite facilities. window covered by pull up blind of sorts.

I immediately went back to Reception and complained that I had booked a room with facilities and was told that facilities did not mean a shower and toilet. Rubbish! Facilities have always, unless specifically stated, included a shower, even if it means sharing toilet. The receptionist was unable to offer me an alternative single room but hinted there might be a larger room - not single - at an enhanced cost. I was not prepared to pay more and demanded my money back which, after a struggle, I managed to get - albeit I was forced to pay for that Saturday.

Fortunately I was able to book into another hotel just round the corner in an even better position, single room with shower and toilet - all for £25 night inc breakfast. So even by changing hotels and losing original deposit plus one night's charge - it was cheaper in the other hotel! So fellow travellers remember to check on booking exactly what you are going to get - and then view the room before paying.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
London, England
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I visited Brighton for the long Bank hol and stayed in The Heathers. I was very disappointed to find that the rooms were nothing like the pictures advertised and made up of double bunk beads! The price is expensive if you consider what you are paying for but the actual hotel is more of a hostel. The room wasnt clean and the toilet didnt flush properly, and the walls are paper thin and as we were situated by the door we got very little sleep-extremely disappointing!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I have just returned from a Stag Weekend with six friends and stayed at the Heathers for two nights. After reading some of the reviews we were a little concerned however on arrival we were delighted.

Our room was very clean and spacious with a great little en-suite bathroom with shower. The breakfast was great and they kept us topped up with Toast, Orange Juice and a huge full English breakfast. The staff were really polite and friendly and worked hard to make you feel welcome.

For what we required the hotel was great and I would go again. If your travelling in a group and intend on spending your days/nights enjoying Brighton stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends