“Perfect celebration for my Birthday”
Review of Grey's Hotel

Grey's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter booked a surprise weekend at Grey's Hotel to celebrate my 65th birthday - it turned out to be 18 of my friends who took over the hotel - it was absolutely amazing - rooms were great - breakfast was brilliant and such a good choice - and our hosts were superb - will definitely be revisiting Grey's - thanks to our hosts for making us all welcome and being so helpful xx

Room Tip: Four poster on first or second floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSimpson1949
There are newer reviews for Grey's Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived back yesterday after booking the whole hotel for my mums surprise 65th with the ladies. Great rooms, wonderful full english breakfast, scambled eggs, eggs benedict or salmon which was lovely too. Owners so helpful and friendly. All the ladies that went would highly recommend this hotel and would love to go back. Great location, Jamie and Terry full of local information and so attentive making it extra personal and special for my mum. I ordered flowers for mums bedroom which were arranged by Terry and Jamie and were absolutely beautiful. Bed was comfortable, tv and dvd were not used as we were too busy, towels changed daily and overall experiance was amazing. I would give this little gem 6 stars to bump it up the hotels list if I could, but then again don't want too many people to know about it incase I cant ever get booked in again due to popular demand!! Thanks so much for your hospitality and will be seeing you again xx

Room Tip: Impressed with them all. Room 3 is amazing and room 7 is lovely too. If u have walking difficultie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at Greys for 3 nights, meeting up in Brighton for our annual catch up. Greys is in the perfect spot for the seafront and the Lanes. Jamie is the perfect manager - chilled out, friendly and happy to give you his tips on where to go and where to avoid and he managed to persuade us to have breakfast which I'm pleased we did as it was excellent - cooked to perfection! Having stayed in a few hotels in Brighton now I've found Greys I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Just make sure you book in advance to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE

What a great find. The owners Jamie and Terry were incredibly friendly and helpful, and seem to go that extra mile to ensure that guests have a wonderful stay. I had a lovely comfortable bed, while the room had lots of little extras like a coffee machine, chocolates and a DVD player. Though I am more used to a more modest breakfast, I had to try the eggs Royale from the extensive menu. Fantastic!
I dont know when I will next visit Brighton, but I do know that This hotel will be our first choice

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel from go was everything 5 star experience could be! The minute we booked there was constant communication as to our requirements. I got a delivery also which was no problem.

The hotel manager and staff could not have been nicer or more polite and welcoming. Nothing was a problem!

The amenities were first class and furnishings cosy and everything was convenient and available!

The Decor was spectacular. So unique and really homely and modern at the same time.

The location also perfect, cushioned from noise of the clubs but a stones through and short stroll to all shops and restaurants.

Could not recommend this hotel higher.

Bobbi

Room Tip: Ask the manager and specify your requirements
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Two nights at Greys to sample Brighton.
The owner and staff were both welcoming and informative. A quick brief on Brighton at check in enabled us to cover a lot of ground over our short stay. Cannot understand previous review on over familiarity...Breakfast was excellent and room fine.

Would stay again!

Room Tip: RM 7 was good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my second visit to Greys and the second time I have come away more than satisfied. I stayed with my girlfriend for 2 days last week and the service we received was second to none.

Terry and Jamie (the hosts) greeted us at the door and carried our bags on the way to showing us our room whilst providing us with plenty of information on the best restaurants, events, and things to do around town.

The room was very clean, spacious, and, like the rest of the hotel, beautifully decorated.

The Breakfast was fantastic and offered various cooked breakfasts along with the option of cereals, range of tea and coffee and juices.

The location is ideal for easy access to the beach, town centre and the lanes, all of which are only a short walk away. It is also surrounded by some fantastic restaurants and bars.

All in all this was a perfect trip complemented by our stay in a great hotel.

We will without doubt be returning again.

Thank you very much.