“The best hotel we have found”
Review of Grey's Hotel

and 1 more site!
Grey's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Newcastle ex pat
“The best hotel we have found”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My partner and I have stayed at Grey’s Hotel three times now, twice for long weekends and most recently for a full five days. As long term visitors to Brighton, this little hotel is a real find. Without a doubt, the best and most comfortable that we have found. The owner Terry has always been the most genial of hosts whilst at the same time allowing the space that weekenders need (sadly lacking in many guest houses). For our third visit we treated ourselves to the Superior Double room with four poster bed and bay window with arm chairs looking down to the sea. It was real luxury and we recommend it to everybody. The rooms and communal areas were absolutely spotless and the breakfasts superb. To top off the quality of the breakfasts, they are served until 10am allowing plenty of time for a lie in. Great stuff.
In our opinion, Grey’s is a fantastic place to stay and we intend to return every year if we can. One additional recommendation would be that you book early. On our second visit we almost couldn’t get a room but Terry, remembering us from the year before and accommodating as always, managed to find us a space.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed 28 June 2009

This was our first trip to Brighton and we stayed for a weekend. Grey's Hotel is in a fantastic location in Kemp Town, which is very vibrant, as well as being close to the beach.

We received a warm welcome and our room was brilliant - stylish, comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was amazing and it was so generous we didn't need lunch! The owners are very friendly and gave us fantastic advice about good local restaurants. We had a great time and we would happily stay there again.

Norwich
Reviewed 17 June 2009

My partner took me here for my 30th. It is a fantastic hotel, really clean with nice touches -like White stuff shampoo and white bath robes. Located in Kemp Town near lots of great pubs and places to eat - good and cheap Thai food just down the road. The owner was really friendly and had good recommendations about stuff to do in Brighton. Good breakfasts and lots of choice with veggie options.

London
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I stayed at Greys for three days for a conference in Brighton. The booking was made by my office so I had no idea what to expect. All I can say is that this is no B&B! This is a five-star hotel with a big heart. Comfortable, even luxurious, warm and friendly, with the most amazing breakfasts you can imagine. The guys who run Greys are great, with loads of advice on places to visit and eat. I hope to return soon - who minds working away when you can come home to this.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Having searched for hours looking for an ideal place to take my girlfriend for our three year anniversary, i came across Greys hotel. It was well priced and the location seemed ideal as it was a 30 second walk to the seafront.

When arriving we were greeted by the owner of the hotel who was very friendly and provided us with a map of Brighton to help us find our way around, this was very helpful as we had never visited Brighton before. The rooms were clean and very spacious and designed in a modern way unlike most b&b's these days. The breakfast was also really tasty and set myself and girlfriend up for a great day exploring Brighton.

When i come back to Brighton i will 100% be staying at Greys and I have already referred a number of friends who are planning trips to brighton in the near future.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Enfield
Reviewed 18 May 2009

My Partner & I recently took a trip to brighton for the weekend, upon arrival our rooms were in immaculte condition, the service was fantastic with a great breakfast each morning. The location of Greys was ideal for what we had planned for the weekend. Literrally a stones throw away from the beach / pier & extremely close to all the hot spots, bars & resturants. To sum up the hotel offers great value for money in terms of beautiful rooms & ideal location.
Although we were only there for the weekend, Brighton has so much to offer & I would definatley go back to Greys Hotel the next time I'm in town!.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I had a wonderful time whilst staying at Greys. It is in a central location situated inbetween the centre of town and the Marina, both 10 minutes walking distance away from the hotel. The room was extremely clean and tidy, and the large rooms boast a four post bed. The breakfast was beautiful with a choice of cereals, cooked breakfast and the offer of a continental breakfast. The staff were very polite and pleasant and could not have been more helpful. Terry was an excellent host and was quick to help us with anything that we needed. All in all the hotel added to our great stay in Brighton and we will most definately be returning!