“Excellent service in a nice hotel”

Britannia Study Hotel
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Excellent service in a nice hotel”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel was ideally located in the middle of Brighton and we had a great time there. All of the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Quality of rooms was very good and price (£99) was very fair considering it was a Bank Holiday and Brighton was rammed! (Even Premier Inn were quoting over £130!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the Easter weekend whilst visiting friends. I've stayed in many hotels in Brighton, this has to be one of the best. Excellent, friendly and helpful service. Clean, tidy, well kept. Rooms are basic as expected but have all you need. Comfortable bed, great shower, free wifi and even a breakfast snack box in the fridge. Also felt secure as there was always someone on the desk and someone on the door late at night. Great value for money and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Paulyk1976
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had a great stay, the room was only £50, this was a late deal though, not sure what the normal price is?! it was very modern, clean and tidy in a great location, would 100% stay here and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on 05.03.2014. We paid £50 for a night (if it was £45, I think this would have been a much better price). I was a little apprehensive as it was called a Study Hotel (I had never heard of one of these before), and had this idea of a placed filled with young students- this was not the case.

I was looking for a B&B, and there were one or two slightly cheaper, however I choose this hotel as it was modern, and I like the new types of showers, rather than the bath with over hanging shower head etc.

Anyway it was very clean, modern, and staff were helpful (and yes I loved the shower lol). Breakfast was very basic: with a box filled with a juice, muffin and yoghurt- but I suppose it did the trick.
My partner is quite selective, and can be quite funny about where he stays, but even he was happy with the hotel (first thing he did was check the bedsheets- which were clean- thankgoodness)!
I would reccomend it, and I would def return. However, if you are looking for a room with a view, this is not for you. We had to have the curtains closed all the time, as there were works being carried out, and we had a scaffolding and workmen right outside.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple