Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Priceline
US$125
ZenHotels.com
US$86
Hotels.comUS$102
Expedia.comUS$102
eDreamsUS$123
All reviews room was clean central location two nights powerful shower reception staff are would stay again mini fridge coffee machine continental breakfast tv toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and me stayed for a weekend there paying 150 pounds. We felt robbed as this is clearly a hostel with a decent average room and very poor service.

We had to change rooms due to the terrible smell of the toilet and the holes on the bedding which was just unacceptable even for a budget (pretending to be nice) hotel. After we change the room, cushions had stains everywhere but we couldn't be bothered to change the room. Bed and bathroom average but a lot.of noise during the night.

Breakfast is just a joke with a person cooking scrambled eggs in a frying pan serving 50 people.. there was not enough food and the quality was bad. We left without having breakfast.

Avoid the hostel unless you just want to get drunk and sleep in a bed and be overcharged for it.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank u30262
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Stayed here with my friend from Saturday - Sunday. We arrived just before 2pm to check in and was told to come back later as our room wasn't ready even though check in was advertised from 2pm.
The hotel is located quite close to the centre and local pubs / clubs so everything was easy to get to - either walking or £5 taxi.
Our room was clean and the shower room looked quite modern.
We found the hotel to be very noisy and were woken up multiple times from noise outside, and people walking in the corridors but it suited us for a nights stay.
Breakfast was disappointing. Although advertised until 11am on weekends, we went at 10.20am and all the hot food was empty, and we couldn't get the attention of anyone working there. After waiting for 10 minutes, we decided to go elsewhere.
I found the hotel quite expensive for what we got but it was clean and good location.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebekah K
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel is located on Western Road, about 900m from the train station on foot. The No. 6 bus will take you quite close. The location is ok if you have a room to the back, as Western Road is quite busy.

The room was spacious enough but simple, with a desk and a largish TV on it. There was also a closet with plenty of space and a safe (which I didn't use). On the wall behind the desk hung a corkboard - that was a first in the many years I stay in hotels!

The room had two small windows to the street on the rear (which was quiet) that could only be shut against street light by rolling down a roller blind. Works, but not very pretty.

The bathroom was ok - it was clean but simple. I found the exhaust fan incredibly annoying - it sounded like a turboprop taking off. It turned on as soon as the bathroom light was on, so you weren't even spared a few minutes.

There was free Wifi in the room with ok speed.

Breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it was ok (a few warm items) and sufficient.

All personnel were very friendly and helpful.

For the price (less than 50€) absolutely okay and I would stay here again, though if you're here for holidays, I would probably splurge for something more upscale.

Room tip: Try to get a room to the back as they are quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location for events at 'the old market'. Literally a few minutes walk. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet style, pleasant and plenty. Would stay here again. We parked just outside parking zones and paid £5.00 to travel on the bus to the doorstep practically,a good chance to see some of hove and cheaper than car park. We strolled back to the car, took an hour but we went along the seafront so a pleasure.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights very recently for my first visit to Brighton. I booked this via a buy a gift voucher but prices seem to be fairly affordable anyway.
Rooms were clean, fairly spacious and contained everything you needed to be comfortable (hairdryer, fridge, safe). The only thing I would say is there is no air con and I could see this room becoming quite hot and stuffy in the summer.
The bathroom was clean and modern but for some reason smelt quite badly of drains throughout our visit.
The best thing about this hotel was the location, it was only about a 3 minute walk to the main shopping centre and surrounding by shops and restaurants. It was a bit of a longer walk to the pier and the Laines but only about 15/20 minutes.
The biggest let down is the no parking as this does add some extra costs to your holiday, we paid £24 via just park for a parking space about 15 minutes walk away in a secure garage but other places were happy to charge you upto £70 for the two nights so I'd definitely say to pre-book the parking online.