Avalon Guest Accommodation
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
US$245
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsking size roomshampoo and shower gelfull english breakfasta great staythanks guyssofa bedset us up for the daymy partnertop floorbreakfast was amazinglocation is greatbrighton pierhostsguesthousekettleblind
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We're just back from a 3 day break in Brighton, and it does ROCK. We found The Avalon very easily and due to its location, is within easy reach of most major attractions in Brighton. Kemptown is a right quirky area of Brighton with lots of small individual shops, bars and restaraunts around it.
Brian, Tom and George run a lovely b&b which is really quirky and a haven. You must start the day off with one of their full breakfasts. The only distraction is the wonderful artwork and bits n pieces which surround you whilst eating. The rooms are all different, with a lot of thought and attention given to each room.
If and when we go to Brighton again, it will be our first port of call. Once again, I can't thank the "3 amigos" for time and effort they put into their establishment.
The only slight problem, and this is very minor and nothing to do with the Avalon is parking. The guys will do their utmost to help you, but ultimatley, you still have to find a parking place for yourself. Once you get used to the system and extremely close parking, you'll be fine. This is in no way a criticism of the Avalon, but just a fact of life in Brighton (or most major cities).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Avalon was perfect! We could not have asked for a more welcoming, friendly or well-kept place for our short trip to Brighton. The room was extremely comfortable and was lovely and clean. The breakfast was delicious and they catered the food to exactly what you wanted and any dietary needs. The location suited us perfectly as it was a short walk and you were on the pier or the lanes. So easy for restaurants and all sorts of shops. The owners of the Avalon were great for recommendations and gave us a map and some ideas of routes to take. If going back to Brighton, I would not hesitate to book at the Avalon again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I'd like to recommend Avalon due to the high level of personal care, without being intrusive. From initial contact, customer care is of the highest standard, and tailored to your individual requirements. As a former customer service manager, I pay specific attention to this. Especially pleasing are the touches that make Avalon a home from home - soft music playing in your room on arrival, comfortable furnishings and, in my room, a welcoming teddy on the bed! The fridge and DVD player, which encourage the undwinding process, are great additional features, which you'd expect to pay a lot more for in a larger hotel. Vegetarian or vegan preferences for breakfast are readily catered to. Without wishing to sound archaic, I'd particularly recommend Avalon to females travelling alone as you're made to feel at ease from your first enquiry. Furthermore, should you require it, the management team offers a hand with luggage or, as in my case, a personal escort to the correct bus stop. Many thanks to Brian, George and Tom.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gezariyah1
Reviewed 19 July 2011

After reviewing various dog-friendly places to stay in/around Brighton, we (husband, wife, 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter and cockapoo Archie!) decided on the Avalon for 2 nights and were very pleased indeed with our choice. Owners Brian and Tom were very friendly and welcoming on our arrival (parking permit arranged for a small cost) and then accommodated to our every need from dvds for the kids to dog-friendly restaurants and maps. We had the family room and a room just across the corridor for our teenage son (with own bathroom in each). With so much to do during the day and all the places to go dog-walking we slept well at night! The breakfast was outstanding and freshly cooked to order, (even the dog had 2 sausages!). We all had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Halfway back to London, I realised I had left my wedding ring on the bedside table...this was forwarded on by registered post without accepting a penny in return - a nice touch - not to mention saving my marriage!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank garypap
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Ever since I first found this place a few years back now, I wont stay anywhere else. Brian and Tom really look after you, and even took me out for a drink! I had the four poster room for single use and there was everything you could want....coffee and tea making facilities, flat screen telly, hairdryer, toiletries...everything you expect, really. Except here you get more...you get the warmth, friendliness and humour of Brian and Tom....youd be a fool to stay anywhere else especially with that breakfast ---- just wish my hangover had allowed me to eat more of it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo