“Why is this place Number One??”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
london
“Why is this place Number One??”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had a superior double room that was cramped - but full of trendy furniture and a good Wi-Fi connection. Room could have been cleaner - unpleasant stains next to the toilet and hairs on the floor. Bed linen not changed even though I had split some wine on the sheets. No storage and difficult to move around the room as it was so small.
Great breakfast. Friendly staff. There are better places to stay in Brighton

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise. Ask if there is a showr
3 Thank ali24west

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Fantastic room. Cool, helpful staff. Coco is awesome. Really recommend the Gaula room!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Andrew M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the Hotel Una and found that it really deserves the recommendations it has received. From day 1 the service was friendly, considered and attentive. Our room was small but v clean and cosy. The little extras (free dvds, advice, tour of the other hotel rooms on request) made what would have been a nice stay into a highly enjoyable one. Oh yeah, and their recommendations of places to eat were excellent. Go there folks!!

2 Thank seagullbcn
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Definately worth speaking to the hotel if availability not showing.

3 Thank nataliediss
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed at hotel una last weekend for 2 nights. From the mintue we stepped through the dorr the experience was truly first class. Lots of recommendations of what to do but most importantly it was relaxed and very homely. The staff are very down to earth, honest and not afraid to give some tips. The breakfast was lovely and the service was brilliant. Our room was superb and had everything we needed. We also had massages in the room and the girl was brilliant. Our room had a home cinema in it and we chilled there after a long day out walking and eating before we went to dinner that night. We had a drink in the bar after dinner and the cocktails were amazing. We just left it to the bar man and he whisked up some seriously tasty drinks. I cant recommend this hotel enough and we have stayed in quite a few.

2 Thank Conors78
UK
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed here just for a weekend during the Brighton Festival. Very friendly and great quality

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rynin
Mackay Qld
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Dont know where to start.. What a fantastic hotel. I arrived after a long flight from Australia into Brighton. I called into the hotel to drop off my bags, as I thought I was going to be too early to check in. What fabulous service from the time I walked in the door, my room wasn't ready, but would be so in about 30 minutes, and since I was staying a few days I was given a room upgrade. As I was about to leave for a walk around Brighton, I was then offered a free coffee, a croissant and some orange juice. Totally unexpected, and reinforces the many positive comments i have read about the hotel.

After "breakfast" I was given a map of Brighton and given a few suggestions on where to walk, if I wanted to kill a little time. Not long after, the hotel called me to let me know the room was ready. I was then escorted up to my room and given the Wow factor, truly amazingly decorated rooms, nice details and more than what I expected. Even the fire escape is decorated, nothing left to chance.

That night decided to have an early night, before heading to bed, popped in for a drink. Again amazing service, Coco the barman/tour guide/Brighton expert was on hand. He recommended a glass of wine for me and then told me some of the highlights of Brighton. Every time I was about to leave the hotel, the staff always checked to see if I needed some information, knew where I was going, recommended a place to eat or some sights to see. I cannot comment highly enough on the service.

Most nights back in the bar, Coco asked about my day, offered more tips for the next day. It doesn't feel like a hotel, more like a place with a lot of friends. I travel considerably for work, and undoubtably this is the best hotel I have stayed at, do yourself a favour and give it a try. I was on a three week business trip, and the week at this hotel far exceeded my expectations.

Breakfast is simple and nothing is too much trouble, the service is fast and friendly, the food fresh and appetising.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business