“Countless stays yet faultless” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Countless stays yet faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was a late Christmas present for my husband when we first met 5 years ago. And almost every year we try and go back at least for one stay a year! The hotel rooms are so quirky and the staff are brilliant. The breakfast is to die for. The place holds many fond memories for us as this is where he proposed to me. However I have and will continue to rave about this hotel to anyone that is looking for a romantic break! Perfect!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank K4lly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have stayed twice now at Una, once in the Usk and once in the Lossie and both times have been absolutely fantastic. As mentioned everywhere else the staff are fantastic, we decided wanted to eat fish and chips and the staff not only directed us to a great take away, but had also arranged (without being asked) a tray for us when we got back, with plates, sauce, cutlery and serviettes to take to the room!

The two rooms I have stayed in have both been clean, wonderfully decorated and designed and great for a romantic weekend away. Perhaps the only downside is that it is a tad expensive, but the breakfast is included, as is the WiFi and the spring water in the rooms, which in most hotels are penny-pinching, chargeable extras.

Having spend literally years of my life in hotels I can honestly say that Una is one of the very finest and I will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Every room is unique and I've only stayed in two, but the Lossie has a bath right by the window...
2 Thank Tim F
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My 1st visit to Brighton and trying to find a nice hotel was hard as most charged a fortune or had poor reviews then I found the Una and I loved everything the room the decor the trendy bar the fantastic food and probably the best staff ever all very friendly nothing was too much trouble for them and a good value for a single room which they upgraded..ideal for town and go via a train as the centre is just chocker with queues of traffic everywhere....thanks Una I'll be back

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank nobby1211
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have stayed at Hotel Una on 3 occasions now, it is a real find. I have always stayed for business taking my antique dealer buyer clients from overseas and we have been delighted not only with the very comfortable but also very on-trend boutique style. The staff are completely charming and cannot do enough and the inclusive breakfasts are amazing, especially the Eggs Benedict with optional smoked salmon!

Sea views and rare to find in Brighton adjacent parking are the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Ask for Coco who looks after reception for his advice!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Gail292
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed in this hotel with my wife. Excellent in all ways, however, I must say the standard double room we had was on the small side for a rate of £145 with breakfast. I think this was compounded by the fact that they accomodate a small sitting area in a room which is already small. Having said that we were given the opportunity to view a couple of room types and chose the standard based on budget. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and I think in the main this is why the hotel is ranked No1 - hope they are being suitably rewarded! Breakfast nice and freshly prepared in pleasent dining room, bat area also good as was the barman.

Room Tip: unless budget is tight dont go for standard room. We were in room at back and was quiet - rooms at f...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed in the berlise room for my husbands birthday. It has your own hot tub, sauna and big sofa. We had such a relaxing stay the staff were amazing helping us with places to eat, dvds, and creating fab cocktails. We ended up staying in with a take away and making the most of the room. Only a tiny point but you could hear reception walking around above the bed if you are a light sleeper you might want a room higher up. Cant wait till our next visit!!

Room Tip: look online as they have photos of each room
1 Thank suzzyLondon
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed here for my new husband's birthday August 2011 based purely on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Having mentioned a birthday being celebrated we had a bottle free champagne on arrival. Our room was clean, huge and gorgeous. Staff nothing but amazingly helpful throughout. They recommended a yummy place for dinner and even got us more free champagne when we arrived at the restaurant. Cannot fault any aspect of our stay except I wish we could have been there longer. Would definitely go back and definitely recommed. Thank you!! xx

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple