Hotel Una
  • Breakfast included
Hotel du Vin(Brighton)
US$187
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$160
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$90
Strawberry Fields(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$102
TripAdvisor
1,035 results
All reviewsregency squaredanube roomcinema roomeden roombreakfast in bedeggs benedictboutique hotelgreat cocktailsthe underground car parklarge tvdvd playerlounge areawalk in showerlovely hotelcocktail barboth morningsfull english
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Everything was simply the best. The staff are warm, friendly and totally knowledgable about the hotel itself and Brightons restaurants. We felt totally looked after and what a welcome relief from corporate politeness. There are real people here! Thanks so much to Paul, Coco, and David as well as the charming assitants from Poland. Our room (Eden) was to die for - spacious and with a fabulous bay window looking over Regent Square and the sea. Being original wood sashes there was a fair draft when we arrived but that was immediately fixed with draft seal when we popped out ( it was snowing ) Not that we actually wanted to pop out - the bed was huge and comfortable and the bath deep and curvaceous, the room heating perfect and the bar downstairs initmate and friendly. The extensive DVD collection made trips to the local restaurants the only reasons for leaving. We had a superb weekend stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jeremy g
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is our second stay at the Una. We stayed last year for my 40th birthday in the Orinoco room which is on the 3rd floor at the front and were lucky enough to stay in the psame room this weekend.

This hotel is what I'd call "funky", it's cool decor and lighting sits well in the gorgeous period building and you feel that you're definitely spoiling yourselves.

The staff are friendly and helpful, without intruding, they do their best to help you have a really enjoyable stay. I really can't see any of them actively avoiding a guest because they'd been unable to move them, as another reviewer has suggested. If the hotel is full, then there's really nothing they can do if you don't like your room.

As mentioned, the Orinoco room is at the front, but we didn't have any problems with noise on either stay. Unless you count the seagulls!

Yes, there are things about the room that I'd change e.g. the shower over the bath is in the middle and the shower screen isn't quite wide enough, so the floor can get wet if your not careful. Plus, as a woman, there isn't a mirror with good enough lighting that you can get close enough to to do your make-up easily. But these are tiny things and only for the very picky!

Breakfast is plentiful and fresh. Lots of freshly squeezed juices and really good porridge, full English and eggs Benedict. No complaints at all.

All in all this is a fab hotel in a great location. Yes, it's a bit pricey and I can imagine that some of the smaller rooms would be pretty small, but it's a listed building!

If you research properly I'm certain you won't be disappointed. We'll definitely be going back again!

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank SawboAngel71
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Just had a stay at the lovely hotel Una. It was in a good quiet location and the room we stayed in, jubba if I remember correctly had a nice seperate lounge. The room was warm with the most comfortable bed Ive slept in! The decor was fantastic with nice homely touches. The breakfast was excellent with everything you could want, and the staff were really friendly, helpful and gave us some good tips of where to eat in the area. we are planning another trip for a bit longer next time and would definately return. I had a snoop at the other rooms before I left and all are different but you couldnt go wrong as they all have fantastic features. Thanks to the staff for giving us a good stay.

4  Thank gemma020
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed for two-nights in the Maja room - I had planned it as a romantic getaway for my Husband and had chosen this hotel over all others because of its top-rating on Trip Advisor.
We don't get many opportunities for time away from the children, and I had hoped that this hotel would be very special.
I rang the hotel and spoke to staff about the rooms (very helpful), and felt happy that the Maja would be lovely, I also paid the weekday rate for the two nights £115 a night) as there was a winter offer on.
On arrival the hotel was clean, and well presented and the staff friendly. But when we were shown to our room my heart sank at the every small size of it, and what I thought was quite a dark colour scheme for the size of the room. In the photo the bed clothes had been white, and the rug much brighter which made a difference compared to the stone/brown colour-scheme we found. I know I chose the standard double, but even paying the special weekday rate for this room, I did not feel it was value for money. I was aware I had picked a room with a "rear view", but had naively not realised just what an awful view it was. It really took the edge of what had been a long and exciting wait for my romantic weekend. This is why I would only rate the stay as average.
On the whole the staff were really help[ful, and I did try and convey my disappoint to the recptionist, but they were fully booked and I suppose there was nothing they could do. I have to admit, that both my husband and I did feel as though the same satff member then avoided us all weekend following this, becasue they knew we were unahappy! That was also frustrating.
The hotel in general is itself really lovely, has an intimate feel and is very well decorated. Breakfast was very nice and the dining area light, bright and airy. The location is superb and Brighton itself exceeded all our expectations - I can't wait to go back, although I would only stay in the same hotel if I could afford a much bigger bedroom. I didn't realise how important room size was until I stayed here. If you can afford it, the I would recommend staying here in a bigger room.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very smal, adn teh rear view very ugly! Consider this when booking
1  Thank Sumargar
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is the place to stay in Brighton. The staff are friendly, attentive and the service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble. The room we stayed in was lovely - Lossie - fantastic modern design and everything you needed - very comfortable bed and the room was very clean. The freestanding bath was the perfect indulgence. The hotel bar is great - we had a few drinks in the bar after we'd been out - the barman is very friendly and happy to create cocktails and recommend drinks. Breakfast was also excellent - good quality produce and very generous portions. Highly recommended.

3  Thank NM3378