“Made you want to 'stay in'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Made you want to 'stay in'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

It was a pleasure to be in the room - and actually it was so lovely that it made going out seem like the wrong thing to do. Quirky and unique rooms, and all of the ones I saw were charming. Attentive service too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank PTJukes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

We spent last night in Hotel Una last night. From the moment we booked the staff were fantastic, even helped me out with an error I made in the booking. The room was stylish, clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable, one of the best we have. The bathroom was clean and a good size, and we had lovely views over the park and out to the sea. The staff, from the lovely Czech lady who checked us in to Paul, and Coco in the bar, were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them. All of the staff provided details on where to visit, good walks to go on, bike riding paths, and great restaurants. I can not recommend Hotel Una more highly.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cocowithspots
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stay in Brighton fairly often, and have done DuVin, Drakes, Thistle and a variety of Kemp Town "boutique" hotels. Money isnt our main issue when we go, more we are interested in the hotel, location, quality of finish, and overall experience as well as value.
We stayed at Una on a Monday, so fairly quiet. The room was great (Quail)We had our own Cinema Room with really good stock of blurays in case we got bored! Our own bar and kitchen area, and seperate lounge. Bath in bedroom, and aircon. Just fab.
It was our wedding anniversary and Koko the Bar man made us ocktails which were great, and advised on Restaurants. Again, after already trying many, his recomendation of "The Coal Shed" was very good. Regency Square has parking underground close to the hotel, and is 5 mins from the shops and 2 mins seafront. We will return next time to this gem.

4 Thank Blond_e005
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was really pleased to find the Hotel Una in a town that seems to have a lot of rather bad but still expensive hotels. It certainly merits its top rating. All the staff at Una are totally charming and efficient. The room was as described and very comfortable with a good walk in shower. Cleaning and maintenance seem very good. The decor is quirky and interesting. The location is very convenient - any easy walk to the Lanes or station, right by the sea but away from the crowds on beautiful Regency Square.
They have kept the high ceilings and wooden floors of the attractive old building. The staff are knowledgeable about the many nearby restaurants. The barman makes great cocktails in the rather nice bar overlooking the square. Good breakfast. I was particularly grateful that they managed to accommodate my teenage son who unexpectedly came to join me when the hotel was full. This very much confirmed all my previous positive thoughts - they have a positive and can do attitude. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are travelling alone, they do have two small single rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank JeffCypress
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from our first wedding anniversary. The hotel didn't disappoint with a really nice room (Floris). The staff were brilliant, providing recommendations for places to eat, things to go and see and just being really friendly. Breakfasts were really nice with a selection of cooked items as long with a buffet.
Quick tip, have a cocktail from the stylish bar. He mojito's are some of the best I've ever drank!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen G
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Hotel Una is an expensive boutique hotel set in one of the lovely Regency squares just off the seafront in Brighton.
It is perfectly placed for a short walk into the town centre, shopping or eating in the Lanes or a trip to the pier! We stayed as it is very close to the Brighton Centre and we were visiting for a concert there.
Having said that it is expensive (there's no getting away from it !) everything from the welcome you receive to the outstanding bedrooms and ambience is worth the price in my book. We stayed in Eden and it was our second visit - we did think about staying in one of the other rooms but had such a lovely stay on or first trip that we booked it again. The hotel website gives an excellent description of each individually designed bedroom and Eden lives up to the description and more. It is much more than just a bedroom because the room height and the sheer size of the room make it feel more like a suite with it's large corner sofa, huge tv and big corner bath shielded by a wooden screen from the room. It has a beautiful full length bay window through which you can climb out onto the tiny balcony and from which you can see the sea.
The only drawback in this room is the tiny ensuite with a toilet and basin which could do with a little more shelving to keep toiletries etc on. but the room is well designed to fit in with the original building. Regency Square has a convenient underground car park which is useful, if costly (£12.50 for 24 hours) but it does mean you can always park right by the hotel which we liked the convenience of.
Breakfast is included and you can have it in your room at no extra cost.
What tops this place off for us, is that the staff are genuinely lovely and welcoming hosts. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they keep a stock of many restaurant menus and are always ready with a recommendation - and they havent let us down yet! They will make you a delicious cocktail or welcome you in the bar for a pre-dinner drink or provide you with one of their 100's of DVD's to watch in your room if you fancy a movie!
We love it here - I have stayed in many lovely hotels over the years and Una is probably my favourite because of the room size, decor, ambience, service and views. Will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Don't do meals other than breakfast at the moment but will give recommendations for whatever typ...
4 Thank HackersDevon
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I booked this hotel for a one-night break in mid-May for my boyfriend and I to celebrate his birthday. I chose this hotel as wanted something a bit different for a special occasion and was the no. 1 rated hotel on Trip Advisor.
The hotel staff were faultless from enquiry to departure. We were shown to our room door on arrival, given magazines about events going on in Brighton and when asking for restaurant recommendation were provided with a map with places highlighted based on what we wanted. Service was excellent.
Hotel is a converted terraced house on a square on the front. They have successfully managed to retain the character and features of the era whist also incorporating modern furniture, lighting and artwork. Breakfast area was also very nice and relaxing - a nice place to start the day.
All of the rooms are unique and I would suggest visiting their website as there are photos of each room on there to help you choose. I chose Usk which had a separate living area with sofas, tv, dvd player and i pod dock. This area also had a huge free-standing bath and shower cubical with rainforest shower. This was very quirky and bath was lovely but would not be suitable if was sharing with someone other than your partner as no privacy! Downside to this was that the toilet was in a very small room which was quite claustrophobic but was adequate and clean,
Again, bedroom seemed quite small due to large bed but the bed was very comfortable.
Only real criticism I would have is the cleanliness around the bath area. I knocked a shower gel off the back and when I went to pick it up it was disgusting! If I hadn't knocked the bottle off I would never had known as rest of the room was very clean but the bits you don't look at first hand were nowhere near same standard. I found this disappointing as everything else was good.
Location was great for seafront and the shopping areas in the lanes were easily walkable. We used the underground car park under the square which is on the doorstep. Was £12.50 for 24 hours which is very good as parking is limited and expensive in the area.
Breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and delicious.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for something special away from the usual big chains with their standard rooms and service.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the building for a nice view over the garden in the square and views o...
3 Thank BreakAwayFromEssex