“Exceptional!”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stumbled upon Hotel Una, whilst traveling by myself. Very Lucky!!! This was such a gorgeous place to stay!

I stayed in the only available room, which was a single room. Therefore, whilst small, it was perfect, with everything I could have wanted. Clean, modern, comfortable bed, good quality bedding & pillows. Lovely bathroom facilities & Molton Brown toiletries. They lent me a folder of recent DVD's to watch.
The staff were exceptionally helpful & friendly (ie - they were happy to store my bag until the room was ready, they chatted while I had a drink by myself (!), the service at breakfast was wonderful - as was the breakfast itself.
Location was fantastic - not quite waterfront (but close), but almost in a nicer, quieter location.

All in all, I would highly recommend. The next time I am in Brighton, absolutely without hesitation I would stay at Hotel Una - this time with my husband & not in the single room!

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank josephine-simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
essex
Reviewed 2 August 2012

not a bad word to say, had an amazing one night stay in the Wista room. comfy beds lovely room gorgeous cocktails, and a yummy breakfast. will certainly be visiting again. Right on the beach front, and directly on top of the cheapest underground car park in brighton perfect if you have driven there. (half the price of other car parks at only 12.50 for 24 hours)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dee-g89
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here the night of our big day. We arrived early in the morning hoping to leave our bits in the room...these guys went above and beyond allowing us to check in hours earlier than arranged and arranging us a cooked breakfast which was gorgeous! The room was out of this world; hot tub;sauna and fantastic decor. In the evening our guests wanted to join us for a drink the hotel quickly obliged allowing all of our guests to come and use the bar Fab!!! They even arranged a baby monitor from the room to the bar for us who would have expected that! Spectacular service; our little boy loved the bartender who kept him laughing for hours before granny took home a very tired but happy little chap! Candy reccomend this place highly enough. Amazing staff; superb understanding of good service and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank georgeous23
London
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed for one night at the UNA Hotel in Brighton. I chose it after seeing the recommendations by TripAdvisor. I have to say the staff were very friendly and although I was told I could check in at 2pm I arrived early and was fortunate in getting into my room early. It was during the hot spell we had recently and after a baking day on the beach I ended up having a cocktail or two provided by the excellent cocktail barman Koko. I imagine the room I was in would probably be the least popular (Gaula) which is nevertheless a lovely room but with no view at all of anything, very trendy double levels with a Spanish feel but not practical shower area which I believe may be improved in the near future by the management. All in all, a very pleasant experience, nothing negative at all to say and thank you for a friendly and warm reception.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DolphinSq
Isle of Skye
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have been staying at Hotel Una for both business and pleasure for some four years now and it never fails to live up to its reputation. I simply would not stay anywhere else and on the few occasions that I have had to, owing to Una being fully booked, It invariably makes me realise how good this place is.

It is not the location or the standard of the rooms (which is excellent) which sets it apart from other hotels but the staff, including down to the housekeeping staff.

They are unfailingly charming, extremely helpful and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble - basically they are all just plain nice and no one could wish for more than that. Very many thanks to Paul and crew and I am afraid that you will just have to keep putting up with me on my subsequent trips to Brighton!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NigelfromSkye
Newton
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel is excellent, the staff was friendly and helpful. The suite was quite unique, big and bright, with a wonderful, huge shower next to the bed (the bathroom itself was somewhere else). Very clean and with lot of amenities, the breakfast is included and it is quite a good breakfast, with hot plates and buffet choices as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SilviaPer
bromsgrove
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Booked this hotel as I was visitng my son for his graduation. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was not sorry that I booked this lovely hotel and I agree with all of them. The staff are brilliant and even when busy they always have time for any queries. Mother in law was in Kodori which is a beautifully decorated single room but has a double bed. We had Lossi which has an adjoining door. Lossi is bright and airy and the bath under the window is lovely. I lay in the bath and looked at the sea which was a lovely experience. My son was in Maja which he found to be very warm due to the unexpected fantastic weather but I explained to staff that the room was a bit too warm and they put a fan in there immediately. Now, how's that for service. Breakfast was lovely and cooked freshly to order and again, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Veggie breakfast was fresh and tasty. Cocktails in the lounge were a must for us and even when we got back late we could chill out and enjoy a drink or two. If you are going to Brighton stay at the Una, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a sea view